No announcement yet.

Dibella taunting De la hoya for Alvarez vs Martinez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    You along with others are delusional to even think this would happen. It's not going to happen kiddo. NEVER!
    right. I'll take your word for it. no one knows more about cotto then you do so you should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
      Yeap, Cotto/Canelo maybe but Cotto is not fighting Martinez but I wish I am wrong!
      er, no. there really aren't anymore money fights outside of alvarez for cotto. so unless he plans on retiring after alvarez, martinez is the next logical step.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
        er, no. there really aren't anymore money fights outside of alvarez for cotto. so unless he plans on retiring after alvarez, martinez is the next logical step.
        because trout, mayorga, and foreman were money fights, right? after he beats trout, he could possibly face alvarez. if gbp isn't willing to do it just yet, then i can see cotto going after mayweather again or settling for someone like the lara/martirosyan winner or another top 154 lber. perhaps angulo depending how he looks in his next couple fights? there's different options for cotto. but i highly doubt cotto ever looks martinez's way. those two guys really don't like each other.

Comment

That is Cotto's plan. To win a title in 160. And the only fight that will make any sense for him is against Sergio. Sergio might kill him, but he is the smallest of the MW. BTW, Mr. Fantastic knows everything about Cotto, but he is wrong with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            because trout, mayorga, and foreman were money fights, right? after he beats trout, he could possibly face alvarez. if gbp isn't willing to do it just yet, then i can see cotto going after mayweather again or settling for someone like the lara/martirosyan winner or another top 154 lber. perhaps angulo depending how he looks in his next couple fights? there's different options for cotto. but i highly doubt cotto ever looks martinez's way. those two guys really don't like each other.

both the mayorga and and foreman fights were a waste of time. i hardly think that either guy is on trout's level. the fact of the matter is, on occasion he takes these sorta fights, prior to a big money fight. after alvarez, what is there? mayweather? not gonna happen. I'd say he's much closer to a martinez fight then he would be lara or an angulo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              That is Cotto's plan. To win a title in 160. And the only fight that will make any sense for him is against Sergio. Sergio might kill him, but he is the smallest of the MW. BTW, Mr. Fantastic knows everything about Cotto, but he is wrong with this one.
              exactly. sergio's all wrong for him, but so is just about every other top ranked middleweight. he's not gonna waste his time with cruiserweight chavez, nor ggg, lara/vanes winner after trout. so its canelo, and martinez.

Comment

both the mayorga and and foreman fights were a waste of time. i hardly think that either guy is on trout's level. the fact of the matter is, on occasion he takes these sorta fights, prior to a big money fight. after alvarez, what is there? mayweather? not gonna happen. I'd say he's much closer to a martinez fight then he would be lara or an angulo fight.
                if cotto/alvarez happened and miguel won, i think mayweather would gladly give him a rematch. there wouldn't be a better fight out there for them from a financial standpoint (well besides pacquiao). i do agree that a martinez fight would be more likely (or we would assume so) than a lara or angulo one. i just don't see it happening. cotto has stated his two reasons for not fighting martinez: he hasn't fought A level fighters and he doesn't bring money to the table. even after a chavez win, none of those have seemed to changed. maybe though, cause there was quite a few argentines at the fight judging from footage. i would assume they would def come out to a cotto/martinez fight. we'll see what happens. cotto has trout in front of him for now.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  if cotto/alvarez happened and miguel won, i think mayweather would gladly give him a rematch. there wouldn't be a better fight out there for them from a financial standpoint (well besides pacquiao). i do agree that a martinez fight would be more likely (or we would assume so) than a lara or angulo one. i just don't see it happening. cotto has stated his two reasons for not fighting martinez: he hasn't fought A level fighters and he doesn't bring money to the table. even after a chavez win, none of those have seemed to changed. maybe though, cause there was quite a few argentines at the fight judging from footage. i would assume they would def come out to a cotto/martinez fight. we'll see what happens. cotto has trout in front of him for now.
                  we'd have to see the PPV numbers and compare and contrast jr's prior to fighting martinez to get a sense of the star power that martinez may or may not be becoming, but i think after all of those years, he's finally getting his just due from argentinian fans. he may not even be on JMM or jr's level obviously but i believe that his name has enough cache at this point to sell a fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X