No announcement yet.

Best Featherweight now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Featherweight now?

I think this weightclassis pretty hot now. So what'syou thoughts?
    Lomachenko
    70.00%
    Donaire
    30.00%
    Walters
    0.00%
    Gradovich
    0.00%
    Mares
    0.00%
    Jhonny González
    0.00%
    other (tell it in comment)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Nice bunch of talented fighters. You could have added Russel Jr too, despite his loss to my personal pick(Loma) he has a decent set of skills.

Donaire hasn't done enough to garner much attention at featherweight. His victory over Vic was a massive let down and vs V12 it was just awkward. Now that he is facing the Axeman Walters we will truly see where Donaire stands at 126. Tough test for both and it will boost them up on peoples top 10 lists at featherweight once the fight is done with.

Mares got annihilated on his second fight at the weight and had a decent comeback damn near a year later. Huge fan of Mares but I don't think he has done enough since losing to gain back the popularity vote.

The Mexican Russian is entertaining to watch but I'm quite sure he would succumb to a fighter of Loma's caliber, in terms of technique and ability alone.

Jhonny had a great comeback win over Mares to get his career back on track but since he hasn't looked impressive. Sadly the possibility of facing an old Arce is on the table and that won't do him any favours….at all..

So yeah, I go with the most promising champion, Loma. Power,speed,skill and footwork. I see him going far at the weight and his guts and willingness to fight the best is just extra.

Comment

Impossible to tell or even make an educated guess.

If I really had to pick someone, I would go with Loma, but I have no confidence in that pick.

Walters is a real dark horse. He looked like a beast vs a faded Darch, and definitely one-upped Donaire with that performance but we all know how what triangle theories are worth. He does look promising though.

We also don't know how much Donaire has left, and even if he is faded, his power appears to be a game-changer even at FW.

Gonzalez is a good fighter but I don't think he is a threat to any of the guys already mentioned. Neither is Gradovich imo.

After Donaire vs Walters, the situation will be much clearer.

Comment

donaire vs walters will determine the best featherweight imo
        Lomachenko of course is second

Comment

Working...
        X