Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Round 2 of Mayweather-Mosley the worst round of Floyd's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    It clearly wasn't one of his best, he got clocked with a big punch and almost got dropped. You could argue that's the most hurt he's ever been.

You could say he recovered well but it clearly wasn't close to one of his best, one of his best would be pretty much every round of his destruction of Gatti, Corrales or the late rounds against Mosley where he took all Mosley's strengths away from him.
    Mosley was FINISHED after 2 rounds....he had NOTHING to be "taken" from him by the late rounds. Once he started moving around all jerky-like and doing that peek-a-boo **** with his hands, he had 0 chance.

And no, this isn't the most he's been hurt in a fight. Floyd was hurt worse against Zab and Chop Chop.

Comment

I think it was one of his most enertaining rounds of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
        Mosley was FINISHED after 2 rounds....he had NOTHING to be "taken" from him by the late rounds. Once he started moving around all jerky-like and doing that peek-a-boo **** with his hands, he had 0 chance.

And no, this isn't the most he's been hurt in a fight. Floyd was hurt worse against Zab and Chop Chop.
        That's why I said arguably. Personally he looked more hurt against Mosley than he did against Judah or Corley.

He clearly did take Mosley's strengths away atleast his mental strength which had been one of his main strengths. His late round surges against Oscar, Mayorga etc made him the fighter he is and Mosley couldn't even muster up anything. The later rounds are when Mayweather did the most damage right? And that's when Mosley usually comes on strongest? So surely that proves that Mayweather either through body/counter punching or taking away Mosley's fighting spirit took away Mosley's strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
          I think it was one of his most enertaining rounds of his career.
          Even more so than the Corley fight?

Edit: I see what you might be meaning...The fact that he took the shot, buckled, then pretty much took over the round. Was I close?

My first reply was on topic.
          Last edited by HandSpeed303; 06-20-2010, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I consider the round where DeMarcus Corley made him do the stanky legg the worst. His PRIME legs were gone for a longer amount of time and he was really forced to buy some recovering time before returning fire. Following that I'd say the early Judah rounds. Judah hits harder than Mosley (according to Cotto) and that was the first time Floyd was actually beaten to the punch and outcounteres. Seeing that pisses me off because Judah could have been a great fighter with the right discipline and trainer (imagine if he was trained by Roach for his entire career).

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              That's why I said arguably. Personally he looked more hurt against Mosley than he did against Judah or Corley.

He clearly did take Mosley's strengths away atleast his mental strength which had been one of his main strengths. His late round surges against Oscar, Mayorga etc made him the fighter he is and Mosley couldn't even muster up anything. The later rounds are when Mayweather did the most damage right? And that's when Mosley usually comes on strongest? So surely that proves that Mayweather either through body/counter punching or taking away Mosley's fighting spirit took away Mosley's strengths.
              You think so?

He took a hold of Mosley's arm right away. Meaning he was still there. Corley had Floyd in a bad way...

Comment

No Corley or Judah.....

Comment

IMO, it was. I honestly thought he would got knocked out. He was surprised when Mosley hit him because he usually fought Boxers with shorter reach length, and Mosley was able able to landed several clean power shots on him.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    No Corley or Judah.....
                    But, those guys didn't nearly tried enough as Mosley did in that second round. The first punch happened so fast, Mosley baited so well.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                      But, those guys didn't nearly tried enough as Mosley did in that second round. The first punch happened so fast, Mosley baited so well.
                      Floyd was in serious trouble against Corley...Frankley, he is luck Corley didn't (doesn't ) have finishing power.

Comment

Working...
                      X