No announcement yet.

"Legendary Nights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Legendary Nights"

To me, was probably one of the best mini-series I've ever seen. The idea was original and every episode was well-crafted and carefully put together. So, what was your favorite episode of the series?

Hard question for me to answer because I liked them all actually. But if I had to pick one it'd be the tale of Chavez/Taylor. It did a great job of recreating the atmosphere of the fight, from the minds of the fighters involved, to the drama of the fight, to the ****ed up ending, to the tragic after-effects the fight had on Taylor.

Sad **** indeed.

I agree, a great series, and Chavez-Taylor was the best episode. The only one I haven't seen is probably the one I want to see the most, Leonard-Hearns. There was a website that had links to download these episodes, but they were taken off. Anyone know where I can d/l them?

Comment

I actually just finished watching Leonard/Hearns like, 10 minutes before I posted this, lol.

Comment

haha

Got a link or something, or did you have it taped? I'd really like to see that one

Comment

I got it off the "On Demand" service from my cable provider. On HBO on demand, it was free. I have no idea where you could find them on the net but hopefully somebody else will.

I'd really love to see Hagler/Leonard again as I've only saw it maybe twice tops. HAGLER GOT ROBBED!!!

Comment

I love the series. One of my favorites is Pryor-Arguello, because it shows the two very difficult rises to the top.

My favorite line in all the ones I've seen is the one from "The Tale of Foreman-Moorer."

The quote goes: "The irony of this fight is both simple and complex. With just 9 minutes remaining and ahead on all 3 judges scorecard's, all Michael Moorer had to do was stay away. Instead, he fought like a Heavyweight Champion."
            Last edited by Piggu; 02-08-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

the worst was DLH - Tito. i liked Chavez-Taylor, i cried after the ending...

Comment

Originally posted by eyeloveboxing View Post
                Yeah I actually expected Tito-De La Hoya to be one of the best, but it wasn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by eyeloveboxing View Post
                  Yeah, Chavez Taylor is so ****ing sad...hearing him talk at the end is rough. He's supposed to come out with a book, I think called 2 seconds to victory, but I havent heard anything about it.

Comment

Chavez/Taylor
                    Pryor/Arguello
                    Leonard/Hearns

Comment

Working...
                    X