Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better player: Hakeem Olajuwon or Tim Duncan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hakeem was better, though I think Duncan is greater.

Comment

hakeem was the better player but if i'm going to start a team, i'll go with duncan. there's more than stats on building a winning team.

duncan aint no pushover stats wise either..

Comment

I would say Duncan, but I just missed out on Hakeem's prime years. I see I'm in the minority.

Comment

Duncan has the better overall resume but Dream was clearly the better individual player.

Duncan you could somewhat guard one on one if you put a big athletic defending big on him. even during his prime.

during his prime, no one could guard olajuwon one on one.

no one.

If you didnt double it was automatic two points.

automatic.

two points.

robert horry was asked who was better dream or duncan and without doubt he said dream was better. this was online so i have to find the interview but that's what big shot bob said when asked who was better dream or duncan.

Even Jordan picked dream when asked who he would want on his team.

Comment

john just gave me some green.

My work on here is done.

Comment

just imagine if hakeem started and finished his entire career with the spurs.

come into the league have a future hall of famer in david robinson watching your back then for the rest of your career you have two hall of fame teammates in ginobili and parker, hall of fame coach in pop, hall of fame gm in rc buford, hall of fame owner in peter holt lol how many championships would dream have?

Comment

Two different positions, really can't compare. I think Hakeem changed the position but so did Duncan.

Duncan is also more accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Two different positions, really can't compare. I think Hakeem changed the position but so did Duncan.

Duncan is also more accomplished.
                  duncan has been playing center his entire career.

he only plays power forward when its convenient for him.

i agree duncan clearly better resume. but hakeem was clearly the better individual singular talent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                    Duncan has the better overall resume but Dream was clearly the better individual player.

Duncan you could somewhat guard one on one if you put a big athletic defending big on him. even during his prime.

during his prime, no one could guard olajuwon one on one.

no one.

If you didnt double it was automatic two points.

automatic.

two points.

robert horry was asked who was better dream or duncan and without doubt he said dream was better. this was online so i have to find the interview but that's what big shot bob said when asked who was better dream or duncan.

Even Jordan picked dream when asked who he would want on his team.

here's the horry interview with the duncan vs dream part:

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/...O/12W7O_3*****

You played with Hakeem, what would have Hakeem done against the centers today?

He would have killed them. Flat out killed them because he's quicker, he's smarter. You look at the centers now days, the only one with probably a lot of post moves like Dream is maybe Marc Gasol. The rest are pretty basic. They do the same moves over and over. With Dream, you never knew what would come out of his arsenal. He had so many moves.

Thoughts on Duncan vs Hakeem? Compare and contrast.

This is the biggest mistake people will make when they compare players: Tim won four rings and Dream only won two. There is no way in hell that you would take Tim over Dream. ...Dream could do everything Tim can do and more. That would be like saying I'm better than MJ because I have seven rings and he has six. We all know that's a crock. I hate when people want to compare championships to that. That's like saying Karl Malone is one of the worst power forwards in the league because he has no championships. That's not true. This is a team sport. You can't compare guys like that.
                    Last edited by The Tase; 06-20-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                      duncan has been playing center his entire career.

he only plays power forward when its convenient for him.

i agree duncan clearly better resume. but hakeem was clearly the better individual singular talent.
                      He only plays center though because the position has changed. Back int he 80's and 90's there were actual centers in the league, now not so much.

Duncan is so hard not to like though, tough question. Both are legends.

Comment

Working...
                      X