Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: 800-900k buys for Mayweather-Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering what SHO's and Golden Boy's returns are for these Floyd fights. He's making a killing himself but they're 1/3 in terms of successes for his contracted PPV's so far.

Comment

Going to be real interesting to see who the September opponent will be. If there even is a fight in September?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
        There's about a 0% chance of that happening.
        If Floyd didn't show any loyalty to HBO than why should SHO show loyalty to Floyd? Especially when hes talking about retirement and posting abortions on twitter

CBS/SHO only care about shareholders and Espinoza said this fight needed to do 1.5 million minimum to break even.

Factor all that together and I'd say its a definite possibility

Comment

I bought it so theres 1

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            If Floyd didn't show any loyalty to HBO than why should SHO show loyalty to Floyd? Especially when hes talking about retirement and posting abortions on twitter

CBS/SHO only care about shareholders and Espinoza said this fight needed to do 1.5 million minimum to break even.

Factor all that together and I'd say its a definite possibility
            Espinoza never said they need to do 1.5 million to break even. He only said for the fight versus Canelo, he would be happy with 1.5 million or 2.5 million buys.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Seems like Glaser wasn't wrong after all.
              I still can't completely take the guy at his word, but there has been a few things here and there that makes me believe he does know someone from the golden boy office.

Like this random tidbit from a while back

Sure enough, the "vacation" is confirmed by Richard Scheafer later.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-16-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I still can't completely take the guy at his word, but there has been a few things here and there that makes me believe he does know someone from the golden boy office.

Like this random tidbit

Sure enough, the "vacation" is confirmed by Richard Scheafer later.

not too versed on Twitternese...so Schaeffer got booted from the offices by Oscar right?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  not too versed on Twitternese...so Schaeffer got booted from the offices by Oscar right?
                  Only temporarily for a couple weeks it seems when Oscar came back to do some stuff. Don't know what's going on right now.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-16-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    Espinoza never said they need to do 1.5 million to break even. He only said for the fight versus Canelo, he would be happy with 1.5 million or 2.5 million buys.
                    Yes he did

Espinoza does not have any projections on what the Mayweather-Maidana fight will generate on pay per view. But Mayweather needs to get at least 1.5 million to justify the $32 million guarantee that Showtime is giving him as a minimum for each of those six fights in the contract.
                    http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...ig-ppv-numbers

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      All this arguing over numbers is a joke. It's got people actually complaining because one company puts together a GOOD undercard.

I don't give a damn if your name is Pacquiao, or Mayweather, or what the fuck ever. To get 900,000 people to sit down and pay $70 to watch you, is amazing.
                      Amazing that you can get 900k people to sit down and watch for $70 and still lose money. I agree.

Quite the feat by Showtime and GBP.

32 million guaranteed. Biggest mistake since Madoff.

Comment

Working...
                      X