No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    What the hell,Mccloskey was a tune up if I ever saw one,so was Salita and even Paulie M imo...It's funny to me,Alexander has fought more top comp then Khan I don't see anyone licking his d1ck...What about Bradley??aside from Casamoyor this guy has fought nothing but top opponents,and got killed for months for wanting to change promoters..Khan get's treated like this guy does things nobody else is doing,horse ****...Every fighter is doing what Khan is doing,except they are not being brutally knockout while they do it...Khan needs to act like this cause(news flash)he needs to get everyone's mind off the fact he just got KO'd by a fighter(Garcia)nobody gave a chance to...Beat by another guy(Peterson)who everyone thought should not even be in the same ring with Khan..Oh and let's not forget Ko'd by a guy(Prescott)who never won another meaningful fight in his career....I give Khan credit if he does take this fight,but please stop acting like Khan is the only guy risking anything..It's wrong and wack already...
    you're hating. Lots of people thought Garcia and Peterson were legit competition, cause they were. Alexander has fought more top comp? so nearly, or arguably losing to Kotelnik and Mathysse (which were 10 round bouts if I'm not mistaken) and then losing to Bradley after being favored in at least 2/3 somehow translates to Alexander having "faced more comp" than Khan, when their resumes at 140 are quite similar when you factor in Paulie, Maidana, Kotelnik, Peterson, and Garcia for Khan. Bradley gets his just due for facing solid opposition and not losing at 140 (willingness to fight Pacquiao, or Mayweather for that matter doesn't display **** but desire to make money).

edit: and Judah for Khan. If you're going to include Maidana for Alexander at 147, I still have Khan edging out in facing the overall better opposition.
    Last edited by SCEN3RY; 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• I'm calling bull**** on Amir. There is no way he would a want to fight the hardest hitting guy at 140 when he just got knocked out and he doesn't even have a trainer. Amir is just spouting off **** to stay relevant.

Comment

• Matthysse earned his title shot. Garcia is next. Khan can have some after.

Comment

• Khan is a REAL fighter...all chin jokes aside, dude got heart!!!...Khan with Nazim in his camp fulltime would box the ish outta Lucas imo....dudes talking like its a given AK gets starched by this dude...its possible but its not a given...Khan can chop him up with that speed, Lucas kinda slow imo...a fight Khan CAN get KTFO in as well as a fight Khan can roll him up and smoke him in....I'll take Khan if this gets made

Comment

• The same ******s that are calling Khan stupid are probably the same ones who cry and moan the most about the rife cherry picking that goes on in Boxing today.

Comment

• It's also hilarious to see Rome-By-KO in every Khan thread trying his hardest to downplay whatever Khan does

No matter how hard you try, Khan will always be talked about 100 times more than your idol Bradley. Khan can get knocked out another 10 times but he'll still have more attention than Bradley....deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                i dont even wanna see kahn on hbo anymore
                dont deserve it
                I just don't get this...i really dont.

Yes Khan got his ass knocked out against Garcia but wasn't the fight entertaining? Wasn't his fight with Peterson entertaining? Wasn't the fight with Maidana entertaining?

At least you yanks were spared the McCloskey fight, that wasn't on HBO.

Yet you dont want to see him on HBO anymore? Even though nearly every fight of his on HBO has been highly entertaining?

As a Boxing fan don't you want to see great fights? Or is your level of hatredness or fanboyness so high that you'd rather see boring fights instead of a a guy who brings it nearly every time...win or lose?

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  Khan is a REAL fighter...all chin jokes aside, dude got heart!!!...Khan with Nazim in his camp fulltime would box the ish outta Lucas imo....dudes talking like its a given AK gets starched by this dude...its possible but its not a given...Khan can chop him up with that speed, Lucas kinda slow imo...a fight Khan CAN get KTFO in as well as a fight Khan can roll him up and smoke him in....I'll take Khan if this gets made
                  You really think Khan can change that much before a fight against Matthysse in December? I'm with you as far as Khan having the ability to beat Matthysse, Khan has tremendous talent. I just can't picture him making that big a turn around and sticking with a safe gameplan when Lucas tags him. He'd end up doing something stupid and getting knocked out.

I hope this fight happens though, because it will be really good.

Comment

• RIP Khan.

Comment

• Khan would literally fight anyone.

It's good to see his confidence isn't dented but that Garcia KO was a speed bump. He needs to rebuild again if he wants career longevity.

But then again, maybe Khan doesn't want career longevity. He always spoke about retiring young.

Comment

Working...
                      X