Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams confidence must be at an all time low right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it he thinks he fought well against Lara and that Martinez landed a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      I doubt it he thinks he fought well against Lara and that Martinez landed a lucky punch.
      He got hit all night long with lefts, I doubt he feels like he fought well against Lara. Dan Rafael even said after the fight Williams was alone drinking a soda. Williams got beaten the f up against Lara. I don't even think Williams face was hurting that much after Quintana.

Comment

williams s a good fighter, sue he got koed and has had trouble with a couple of southpaws, but that isnt a reason for quitting. Some of boxings best, were knokced out too, but still managed to get back.

Im not a fan of his, but respect his attitude and drive to fight. We need those kind of fighters in our sport, otherwise it would beboring and auite possible non-existent. All cant be p4p greats.

Comment

If Pwills comes back like I expect him to, he better have a different trainer. He can always be friends with Peterson but he clearly needs a new trainer.

Comment

To say he definitely lost the first Martinez fight is not fair. It was very close. Williams getting the decision was fair. As for Cintron....Kermit frogged himself out of the ring in the 4th rd, why should that count as a loss for Williams when the other guy doesnt wanna fight??

C'mon, get serious. So Williams lost once to Sergio, a top 3-5 p4p fighter and got outboxed by another great fighter in Lara. Is there shame in this?

Comment

The first fight between Williams and Martinez was close as hell. Both gave as much as they got. I had it a draw but could of went either way.

Williams - Cintron was close through the first four rounds but you could see Williams in the 4th upping the pressure and then Cintron jumped out the ring.

The second Martinez fight would of crushed his confidence though and the Lara fight showed it which also did nothing to improve his confidence.

I still don't know why they put Williams in with Lara who is a southpaw counter puncher like Martinez in his first fight back after being ko'd for the first time.

Williams needs a new trainer. Not someone that will change his style because what he does has worked for him more times than not but someone that will simply help him with his defense( keeping his damn hands up and his footwork, also teach him how to sit on his punches. It might be too late but i think he has room to improve.

Comment

Working...
              X