Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigo-Lomachenko Bout Presents Civilized Alternative

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight isn't even close to ripe yet, but I will definitely look forward to seeing it if/when it eventually gets made.

Comment

This would be an amazing fight. It's to bad the kids here don't know **** about real boxing talent because Rigo is the purest boxer in the sport right now.

Comment

It's crazy that they're pushing Rigo-Lomo so hard already. Vasyl is highly talented, but it'll be a while before he's ready to challenge Guillermo. Then again, if this fight doesn't happen early in Lomachenko's career, he might get too physically big to fight Rigo. Even now, asking "El Chacal" to fight above 122 is like pulling teeth. I don't think there will ever be a right time for this match-up. Someone's going to be at a disadvantage.

Comment

who else at 122 ? rigo -lomachenko its the only fight left at 122 . rigo beat mares already and mares moved up to 126 , santacruz doesnt even mention rigos name . loma won gold medal at 122 ad 126 , he walks at 129 . so there shouldnt be any problem for loma to come to get the fight for rigos titles .

Comment

rigo is so good that he wins without effort . he makes their opponents look really bad . ducknaire didnt want to throw any punches at all , agbeko got scared too and dindt want to fight . as soon as rigo hits them in the first round , nobody wants to engage at all , it is time for them to defend and not to fight . what about all these brawlers , enterteiners , they all get scared of rigos counters and defensive moves thet embarras them all and make them look amateurish . hope santacruz take this fight some day , but i know he wont trow a punch either . rigo beats loma too , to much skills for my man . loma has to be very careful of salido , salido is not a joke .

Comment

It isn't so much Rigo defensive counter punching style but rather his lack of killer instinct that bores fans and has Arum and HBO ready to dump him.
              Against agbeko, Rigo couldn't be touched. It was clear from round three that Agbeko was nowhere near his class, and instead of going for the kill, trying to close the show and excite the fans he desperately needs to keep, he's content walking to a boring UD.

That's why people walked out, why the turned off their TVs and have no interest in seeing him again.

Comment

I wouldn't rush this guy so much, he has great potential and that could get ruined by setting him back with some unnecessary losses. There could always be a Lomo vs. Verdejo in the future!

Comment

I don't get the big deal for this fight,atleast not now,this lomachenko guy has only one fight as a pro,atleast wait until he has 15,and he has to get by salido first,salido is in a no win situation here,he loses it's bad,he wins it's bad because people will say he beat a guy with one pro fight,first people put guys on the top too soon,way too soon in this case) and then when the fall they come up with excuses,besides at what weight would this fight take place,rigo doesn't want to move up so lomachenko would come down then,would rather see rigo face someone else,although that division sucks because the only fight that would be good is him against santa cruz and that fight isn't happening unless rigo would leave top rank

Comment

"Russian school" fighters always had problems with "Cuban school" fighters. Loma isn't even "Russian school" -- he's "Ukrainian school", which is somehow closer to U.S. school... They will not make this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by racostaa View Post
                      Rigo has to take every fight they offer to him, because simply no one wants to fight him. Everybody is afraid and the perfect excuse is his supposedly boring style. Santa Cruz, Donaire everybody has scare and the promoters don't want to loose their cash cows. Also for him will be hard to make this good show, because soon after the oponents feel his power began the defense and protection mode. Nonito really didn't engaged, and Adbeko less. I love to see Rigo, but he is too good for the boxers around him and also the promoters didn't help him. Is a shame of mediocrity in this sport, where all the untalented fighters are making him a boycott just because he is too good
                      I totally agree, Rigo have no contender, for me is the best boxer today

Comment

Working...
                      X