Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Discussion. Where are the heavyweight Adrian Broners, Andre Wards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Discussion. Where are the heavyweight Adrian Broners, Andre Wards?

Talking about in terms of talent and potential.

I don't really buy that whole NFL/NBA talk, but there must be a reason. And no it's not because K2 and Eastern Europe dominated, because they had no HW Adrain Broner prospect types to dominate in the first place.

Eddie Chambers never showed the type of skills Broner is showing.

America need the heavyweights for boxing to come back. As talented as Broner is looking, a 6'4 Version of him at HW will be much bigger (in every sense)
    Last edited by Jel; 11-17-2012, 11:43 PM.

Anthony Joshua has the athletic talent to be elite, see if his boxing develops over time.

Comment

Shouldn't even compare Broner and Ward. The talent gap is so wide I can't even describe. Ward is solidly proven.

The Heavyweight scene is different, if you want a proper discussion. The weight differences play a big role. If Wlad was 215lb, who would win between Haye and Wlad? Ya, hard one. Haye has terrific ability, but his gameplan had to suit Wlad's massive weight and size advantage.... and his gameplan failed him.

Comment

in the nfl or some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Shouldn't even compare Broner and Ward. The talent gap is so wide I can't even describe. Ward is solidly proven.

The Heavyweight scene is different, if you want a proper discussion. The weight differences play a big role. If Wlad was 215lb, who would win between Haye and Wlad? Ya, hard one. Haye has terrific ability, but his gameplan had to suit Wlad's massive weight and size advantage.... and his gameplan failed him.
          That's a good post, and I'm not comparing Broner and Ward. I'm just saying where are the HW Prospects/Talents like Broner and talents like Ward.

Also. You didn't answer the question despite giving a effort. So where are the HW talents from America?

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
            That's a good post, and I'm not comparing Broner and Ward. I'm just saying where are the HW Prospects/Talents like Broner and talents like Ward.

Also. You didn't answer the question despite giving a effort. So where are the HW talents from America?
            Well what do you mean like Broner and Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Well what do you mean like Broner and Ward?
              Where are the super talents from America in the HW. That's what I meant.

How is it that America is still able to produce lower weight tier A fighters like Ward and great looking prospects like Broner. But is no longer able to do so at the top division?

Comment

Eating cheese burgers with Arreola.

Comment

Bryant Jennings!

But he doesn't have great Power so he won't get the love in America even though he is American because he is not going out there like Mike Tyson and knocking people out in less then a Minute...but like I always said he will have the most success out of the Up and Coming fighters like Mitchell and Wilder

Wilder is next, the minute he steps up competition he is going to get his A$$ KICKED

You don't get better collecting KO's against BUMS

Comment

My point was the Heavyweight division is much different, so I didn't like the "Wards and Broners" of the division because its not like any other division. My example of Haye/Wlad was to show how the Heavyweight division has just as much a size element to winning, as much as there is a talent element.

Not sure where the talent is though. It's really lacking, from both Europe and the US. The Klits and Haye are the other ones that matter right now. All divisions have low points though

Comment

Working...
                    X