No announcement yet.

There's No Reason the Klitschkos Can't [potentially] Be Outjabbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    All you need is some head movement, and a counter right hand.
    3 words ; Eddie Chambers, son.

If he can avoid the right hand, I like his chances to make a go of it.

And with his tight defense and good head movement, he should be able to avoid most of those rights.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I knew whether or not he could take one when he had to, though.

Comment

One important this you need against Wlad is footspeed, quite a few of his opponents have head movement but they don't have the quick feet needed to close the gap to get past the jab, most of them manage to take a step forward after slipping the jab but by the time they finish that step Wlad is two steps away again.

Or you have to be tall enough or long enough to get to Wlad on the outside which not a lot of people can do, Corrie Sanders did it but he was a very quick handed 6'5 southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ironfist View Post
        Not sure how someone can say the Klitschko's are dodging anyone. Seems to me like top contenders are the ones who dodge them. They seem to take on all comers and go out of their way to fight guys with hype. I mean Haye doesnt really deserve a title shot, but he'll get one to shut him up. So who is this big strong fast and conditioned heavyweight out there who wlad and vitali are ducking?

You tell me a name.

I don't see any fighter with power, skill, speed, chin and discipline to match the Ukrainians. Both Ks are fast, experienced, strong, and technically top-notch.

It speaks bad for the division right now that there are no true challengers for them. But at the same time, both K's are worthy (if boring) champions.

Comment

I think Vitali can be straight outboxed.

I remember seeing Herbie Hide lighting him up for a round. Obviously he was KTFO'd afterward. But good footspeed, handspeed and a high boxing I.Q would give him problems. He will hit people with that right though, it's mesmerising nobody can get out of the way of that thing.

Wlad, you need to somehow counter that jab. Wlad is looking very good right now, I don't think anyone can beat him aside from the usual 'punchers chance.' He is fighting in a comfort-zone, it takes him about a round to blow-away that kind of anxiety that he used to carry and still does a bit, then he's behind that jab, nice and safe. I don't think the punchers chance even extends out of the first two rounds, he's kicking your arse all night after that. He certainly has been recently.

Vitali can be got. Especially at 38, with a creaky body.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            Klitschko's can be beat with pressure. they don't know how to handle pressure fighters. Sanders proved this with Vitali in the first round, and Sam Peter proved this with Wladimir. But this style requires good conditioning and a powerful punch. they haven't faced anyone with both yet.

I have to disagree. Vitali seemed to handle Corrie's pressure OK, and took some of the biggest left hands I've ever seen thrown in this sport, pretty well. You could tell he wasn't as comfortable being pressured, rather than being the one applying the pressure, but I thought he handled it pretty well. Considering that Sanders was probably the most dangerous (in the first 4 to 6 rounds) southpaw heavy that's ever fought in the sport, and in my opinion, in the top 10 heaviest punchers as well, had lightning fast hands, iron chin, size and reach....I really didn't see any problem with Vitali's performance.

Additionally, on a good night, and if he came to the ring in shape and motivated (like he did against Wlad), I'd have picked Sanders to have a 50/50 or better chance of beating any heavyweight in history, ever.

Vitali has certainly given some mediocre performances, but his Sanders fight wasn't one of them, at least in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X