No announcement yet.

Cuauhtemoc1520's take on Canelo vs Angulo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    so canelo landed one punch and angulo threw arm punches for the rest of the fight? makes no sense. comparing angulo's style to donaries? pretty sure donaire has always been a lay back and wait counter puncher and angulo has always been a come forward pressure fighter. you still haven't explained why angulo wasn't throwing punches properly, why he wasn't turning his hooks over, why he was hitting with the inside of the glove. because he was afraid to get hit? why would he throw at all then? a turned over left hook is the perfect punch to split a high guard yet angulo wasn't turning them over. even when he had canelo on the ropes with a high guard and was in no danger he was throwing arm punches and landing just with no power. it was a fix.
    No one is suggesting that, Canelo's ferocious body attack went well into the 4th round, he fully committed to it. Again, you didn't respond to me last time, go watch Angulo again because it seems you and a lot of other people don't know how to analyze his style. Angulo has always been a bit of an arm puncher but he'll mix in heavy leather if you decide to stay within his range. Canelo's approach was far more effective than Lara's, Canelo would counter in between Angulo's arm punches and he would push or smother Angulo. That's what made Angulo tentative, the body punching was simply the icing on the cake and Angulo had nothing else to offer. Look at Lara against the ropes when he faced Angulo, he shelled up, Canelo did no such thing and fought with his back to the ropes. This is what made Angulo's punches look more powerful because Lara allowed him to load up.

Following boxing you would think one would understand these basics.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 03-11-2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      No one is suggesting that, Canelo's ferocious body attack went well into the 4th round, he fully committed to it. Again, you didn't respond to me last time, go watch Angulo again because it seems you and a lot of other people don't know how to analyze his style. Angulo has always been a bit of an arm puncher but he'll mix in heavy leather if you decide to stay within his range. Canelo's approach was far more effective than Lara's, Canelo would counter in between Angulo's arm punches and he would push or smother Angulo. That's what made Angulo tentative, the body punching was simply the icing on the cake and Angulo had nothing else to offer. Look at Lara against the ropes when he faced Angulo, he shelled up, Canelo did no such thing and fought with his back to the ropes. This is what made Angulo's punches look more powerful because Lara allowed him to load up.

Following boxing you would think one would understand these basics.
      They don't follow boxing, that's the problem. They just want to yell fix or conspiracy because it's what the internet promotes.

I re-watched that fight and Angulo was loading up on shots later on, he was trying to take Canelo's head off but was so out classed it was embarrassing.

These idiots just take to the forums to troll, it's what their lives consist of and on a serious note. it's the reason I don't enjoy posting on NSB anymore.

There's a hand full of people I enjoy talking boxing with but that's it. Everyone else is a fukin dumbass that clutters this place up with nonsense. It's sad because now I spend all my time in the lounge shooting the **** about other stuff.

Comment

Canelo's speed looked so good because Angulo is just that slow. Canelo's defense is also underrated. He had the perfect gameplan really and add that into his natural talent and Angulo was in for a long night.

Angulo throwing the same pity pat shots that he did vs Lara. The thing is Lara would only cover up and let Angulo rip those -pat-pat power punch combinations without trying to counter back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          They don't follow boxing, that's the problem. They just want to yell fix or conspiracy because it's what the internet promotes.

I re-watched that fight and Angulo was loading up on shots later on, he was trying to take Canelo's head off but was so out classed it was embarrassing.

These idiots just take to the forums to troll, it's what their lives consist of and on a serious note. it's the reason I don't enjoy posting on NSB anymore.

There's a hand full of people I enjoy talking boxing with but that's it. Everyone else is a fukin dumbass that clutters this place up with nonsense. It's sad because now I spend all my time in the lounge shooting the **** about other stuff.
          I know man but me personally, I keep coming back. I really hope it's trolling because....

Comment

It was a mismatch when signed. A poll on boxing times before the fight had 92% picking Canelo with 70% by stoppage. Everyone acting like it was a great win. Everyone saying how much Saul improved. Same fighter versus easier opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
              It was a mismatch when signed. A poll on boxing times before the fight had 92% picking Canelo with 70% by stoppage. Everyone acting like it was a great win. Everyone saying how much Saul improved. Same fighter versus easier opposition.
              I don't know if you can say he's the same fighter. Maybe same as when he fought Mayweather but he has improved, especially on D.

I agree, it was a mismatch and I wasn't to happy when they fight was announced. Good come back fight for him though and now we can see a big fight vs winner of Cotto v Martinez.

Comment

Working...
              X