Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the harder puncher P4P - GGG or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    He really does. Same mindset, too. If he fights and obliterates Stevenson like he is everyone else, we should go ahead and crown him the light heavyweight version of Big George.
    haha, fa real.

Comment

What do you guys think would happen if Golovkin managed to move up a bit and fight at a catchweight with Kovalev - what would the outcome be? Of course this is very unlikely but if some super middles like Froch were thinking of fighting GGG I presume he would move up, if he could go a bit heavier than that Kovalev might be a possibility at the same catchweight the potential Ward-Kovalev fight would be.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        What do you guys think would happen if Golovkin managed to move up a bit and fight at a catchweight with Kovalev - what would the outcome be? Of course this is very unlikely but if some super middles like Froch were thinking of fighting GGG I presume he would move up, if he could go a bit heavier than that Kovalev might be a possibility at the same catchweight the potential Ward-Kovalev fight would be.
        Kovalev would hurt him. From what I've seen Golovkin's defensive footwork, he takes a step back when he gets hit but is still open to be hit again, whereas Kovalev's defensive footwork looks sharper and when he gets hit hard he gets out of danger. Kovalev would be able to get in and out of range imo and obviously he's a vicious puncher.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 01-06-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Kovalevs power is proven at a higher level against better opposition, so i gotta go with him.

Obviously both are devastating punchers but.

Comment

Originally posted by fish262 View Post
            Kovalevs power is proven at a higher level against better opposition, so i gotta go with him.

Obviously both are devastating punchers but.
            I don't particularly think at this point either can say their opposition has been really top notch or either have standout resumes but I suppose Kovalev did beat an undefeated champ in Cleverly who was thought to have an iron chin and also some other talented prospects, so he may get the nod ahead of Golovkin, depends really, that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Kovalev is deadly. He literally is.

GGG is also very hard punching, but Kovalev is awesome.
              Kovalev has enough power to take out a gorilla. I have to say Kovalev.

Comment

Kovalev has more proven power against a better resume. GGG has knocked out 99% bums so far lol

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  I don't particularly think at this point either can say their opposition has been really top notch or either have standout resumes but I suppose Kovalev did beat an undefeated champ in Cleverly who was thought to have an iron chin and also some other talented prospects, so he may get the nod ahead of Golovkin, depends really, that's just my opinion.

Yeah it really is hard to say. Golovkin stopped some guys that have never been stopped before in Ishida and Proksa (and Ishida went the distance with both willams and priog)

Comment

Kovalevs power is the real deal no matter who he fights. And while I'm really high on GGG, he needs to find a way to step up the comp soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X