Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruiserweight Division: Thoughts? Opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiserweight Division: Thoughts? Opinions?

I admit it, I don't know a great deal about this seemingly 'invisible' weight class in recent months/years.

Anybody have any strong CW-related thoughts or opinions to share? Any fighters you've become a fan of? How good is Marco Huck? Looking forward to the fight with Arslan on Sept. 14?

To whoever might take the time to help educate me, I'm obliged. I very seldom see a thread having to do with this division. Maybe someone can explain why. Thanks.

None of the current cruisers are elite type talent,, but they are excited to watch,,

MArco huck goes life-n-death nearly every fight,,,,

If all the top guys fought each other, there would be some fun fights to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      None of the current cruisers are elite type talent, but they are exciting to watch.

Marco Huck goes life-n-death nearly every fight,,,,

If all the top guys fought each other, there would be some fun fights to watch.
      Thanks, SAA. Quite a quiet division -- even the forum is like "Shhhh ..." LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
        Thanks, SAA. Quite a quiet division -- even the forum is like "Shhhh ..." LOL
        Not a terrible division, just not elite either. Huck has given us good fights and there are some warriors south of 200. Curious to see if any will go up to hw

Comment

I reckon a few of them could do HW, but it's just personal preference I guess, the power difference between HW and CW could be very drastic in some cases, and I don't think allot of them want to have that handicap against them.

I'd like it if somebody like Alexander Frenkel moved up in weight if he ever came back, punches with the force of a kicking mule!.

People like Chagaev and Adamek should really try and move down though.

Comment

This poster was trying to convince me that O'Neill Bell is a cruiser ATG. Can you be a cruiser ATG with 1 quality win? Extra points for pulling a hatchet on sparring partenr, in ATG stakes?

Comment

Huck is weird. He's not a great fighter but he can lay it on almost anybody and fight them down to the wire. Heavy hands, chin, awkward, a little dirty. In some ways he's like a Sakio Bika only in a division where there ain't any Wards or Calzaghes or even Butes(Bute getting underrated since Froch smashed him to pieces). He should have lost some of his fights for his title imo but they weren't huge robberies or anything. Mchunu is my new boy there. I think he's somebody that could be a great at CW. Maybe the only guy right now.

Comment

Most elite CW's are disregarded cause they move up to HW and most tend not to do great because theyre undersized. The last elite type talent to come through CW was both Haye and Adamek, before that Jirov and Toney.

O'neill Bell and Mormeck were very good CW's.

Comment

I think it's underrated. Grate fight with Jones/Lebedev where Jones used the Homer Simpson technique.
                  Henrandez is finally back on the scene too, excited for that too.
                  Finally, nice CW tournament going down in Monnaco that has me interested. Afaloba is there with Brad Pitt, B.J Flores and I think Makubu.

Comment

Just adding to what you guys have said, Huck did very, very good against Pov, some had him winning that fight. I think there are 2 or 3 CWs who could have the vast majority of heavies serious problems and possibly win.

Comment

Working...
                    X