No announcement yet.

Re-Watched Khan-Peterson: No Sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
    No sound. No commentary and no crowd influence.

On the night of the fight, I had Peterson winning the fight. I didn't score it but felt it. Some rounds were really close and could have gone either way.

It depends on what you were looking for I guess.

Here's my scorecard:

Khan-Peterson

Round 1: 10-8
    Round 2: 9-10 (IMO, Peterson did enough at the end to take it, but just)
    Round 3: 9-10
    Round 4: 9-10
    Round 5: 10-9 (Khan starts to box more from the outside)
    Round 6: 10-9
    Round 7: 8-10 (Point deduction)
    Round 8: 9-10
    Round 9: 10-9 (Very close round, gave to Khan because he hurt Peterson)
    Round 10: 10-9
    Round 11: 10-9
    Round 12: 9-9 (Point deduction but Khan did enough work to make it a 9-9 round)

Final score: 113-112 to Khan

Many may disagree with this card but it's what I saw after re-watching the fight. Like I said before, I had Khan losing on the night itself.

All in all it was a great fight. Would love to see a rematch (whenever it happens).

Khan seriously needs to work on his inside game though. He has really good bodyshots but doesn't use them as much as he should. Nodding his head during the time a good inside fighter is in you face is ridiculous.

He is one-dimensional.

Peterson on the other hand fought the perfect fight but I feel he layed off the pedal down the stretch. Round 9 onwards he decreased his output significantly and it lost him the fight.
    I can't stand Khan but I'd give him the fight. I don't really think he's that good though. Honestly thought he should have merked Peterson. Khan just fights like an amatuer all bouncing around throwing stiff point scoring combos.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
      Your scorecard is 113-112 to Khan.

I agree but gave second round to Khan.
      Originally posted by Terrel View Post
      No sound. No commentary and no crowd influence.

On the night of the fight, I had Peterson winning the fight. I didn't score it but felt it. Some rounds were really close and could have gone either way.

It depends on what you were looking for I guess.

Here's my scorecard:

Khan-Peterson

Round 1: 10-8
      Round 2: 9-10 (IMO, Peterson did enough at the end to take it, but just)
      Round 3: 9-10
      Round 4: 9-10
      Round 5: 10-9 (Khan starts to box more from the outside)
      Round 6: 10-9
      Round 7: 8-10 (Point deduction)
      Round 8: 9-10
      Round 9: 10-9 (Very close round, gave to Khan because he hurt Peterson)
      Round 10: 10-9
      Round 11: 10-9
      Round 12: 9-9 (Point deduction but Khan did enough work to make it a 9-9 round)

Final score: 113-112 to Khan

Many may disagree with this card but it's what I saw after re-watching the fight. Like I said before, I had Khan losing on the night itself.

All in all it was a great fight. Would love to see a rematch (whenever it happens).

Khan seriously needs to work on his inside game though. He has really good bodyshots but doesn't use them as much as he should. Nodding his head during the time a good inside fighter is in you face is ridiculous.

He is one-dimensional.

Peterson on the other hand fought the perfect fight but I feel he layed off the pedal down the stretch. Round 9 onwards he decreased his output significantly and it lost him the fight.
      had pretty much the same card as you but how do you give the 2nd to peterson? The attempt to steal the round was too little too late imho. First time i watched it I had it 114-111 for khan the second rewatch i gave peterson the benifiti of the doubt on alot of rounds and still had khan winning

Comment

go back and watch it by the frame, from every camera angle, and spend at least 10 minutes studying each pixel on each frame. then come back with your score please. i'd appreciate it.

Comment

I just the fight again in super slow motion, in reverse. I ended up scoring the fight 0-0, a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by datum View Post
            go back and watch it by the frame, from every camera angle, and spend at least 10 minutes studying each pixel on each frame. then come back with your score please. i'd appreciate it.
            Get lost, alt!

Atleast have the balls to post this from your original account.

Comment

Working...
            X