No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Foreman on Pacquiao's Rise, Mayweather Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Funny that you are able to quote Roach when it helps your case "Hatton isn't the same since losing to Mayweather...Freddy Roach"

but when I said that Roach said
    "Oscar wasn't able to pull the trigger no more" then that didn't stop you from responding ... but Oscar was the champ. lol!

Let's analyze this a bit further. Oscar had beat Mayorga one year earlier and it showed that Mayorga was outclassed ... but previous to that Oscar had only won once in his last 3 years and that was a controversial win where many thought that he lost!

So if you actually believe that Hatton was not the same fighter after the Floyd fight then what can you say about Oscar who had a sub-par record since 2003? Not only that, you just look at his record and you can easily see that Oscar was a part time fighter by the time that he faced Floyd. I'm not sure what you were trying to prove but that Oscar was nowhere near prime Oscar.

Baldomir: He beat Zab and that's it. Just look at what he did after Floyd .... he kept on losing! Now that was a real fraud but for you Baldomir was lineal champ??? lol!
    OK, your not getting it. Roach says Oscar can't pull the trigger in the Floyd fight but Roach was up for the fight with Pac after. Roach said Hatton ain't the same anymore after Floyd and Pac fights him after. Those are two easy wins according to Freddie Roach. I never said Oscar was extraordinary when Floyd fought him but he was in better shape then when Pac fought him and the champ at 154. The funny thing is that all the WW's didn't consider Baldomir a bum like you do but everyone considered Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Mosley and Margarito easy wins for Pac. When Floyd fought Mosley he was considered a threat but when Pac fought him he was considered a bad fight. The same Baldomir you are discrediting, Clottey could not beat and got disqualified but you give props to Pac for beating Clottey.

Mayweather, however, has a chance to at least shush the critics now that he is finally going to face an elite welterweight in champion Shane Mosley

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=5146915
    Arum doesn't care. He only wants to do what is best for himself, certainly not for boxing. He is going to put Mosley in the ring with Pacquiao soley because of name. It's a move that will squeeze out the last gasps of Mosley's once-outstanding career so Arum can generate another big payday while doing a disservice to real boxing fans who actually care about the matchups and not just a famous but faded name.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...d-fight-boxing

"To me, it's a toss-up," said Paul Williams, the undefeated WBO No. 1 contender, who will be fighting Mario Lucero on the undercard on Saturday, in what he hopes will be a final tune-up before challenging Antonio Margarito for that version of the title.

"The only two threats I see at 147 pounds are Mayweather and Baldomir," Margarito recently told ESPN.com over brunch in Las Vegas. He will have, he said, a rooting interest Saturday night.

"Mayweather should be the favorite," Margarito said, "but Baldomir's a dangerous fighter. We'll see."
    "It's a good fight," Williams said. "They're calling it 'Pretty Risky.' To me, it's a toss-up. It don't matter who you're in the ring with, it only takes one punch to change the whole night around."
    "Like I said, it's a pick 'em," added Smith, although he marginally favors the underdog. "As the fight gets gritty, toward the later rounds, the championship rounds, I'd have to lean toward the bigger guy."
    "My heart is going toward Mayweather on a decision," he said. "It's going to be a tough fight for him, but I think he's going to pull it off. I just think that Baldomir's toughness is going to take him through to the end of the fight."
    The only people who discredited Carlos Baldomir were and are Floyd Mayweather Jr's naysayers. Not even the man people say Floyd ducked "Antonio Margarito" say that Baldomir was an easy fight. Look at the difference of what was being said about Mosley when Floyd and Pac fought him. You should give up homie. You can't win this debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      And Roach still made the fight happen. Slightly better? Oscar was the WBC 154 champion and Floyd moved up and fought Oscar for his belt without a catchweight weighing 148 while Oscar out weight him by 12LBs. Floyd and Baldomir was a boring fight but Baldomir was Lineal champion while Mosley and Clottey were nothing. I wish the Ortiz fight went longer but sucker ass Vic couldn't handle being out boxed. May not have been the win we wanted or expected but Vic was champ coming off an impressive win over an undefeated fighter. When was the last time Manny Pacquiao done that? You keep discrediting Hoya, Hatton and Marquez but Hoya wasn't drained with IV marks in his arms. Hatton was undefeated and coming off a win against the only man to give Mayweather fits (Castillo) and he shut Marquez down (Something Manny has yet to do). Mosley was out for 15 months because Pacquiao would not fight him eventhough he was begging for it. Pac got booed after he got his gift decision over Marquez. Pac even got dropped off some list as the P4P#1. Manny fans were threatening Dan Rafael. You guys are jokes.
      Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      OK, your not getting it. Roach says Oscar can't pull the trigger in the Floyd fight but Roach was up for the fight with Pac after. Roach said Hatton ain't the same anymore after Floyd and Pac fights him after. Those are two easy wins according to Freddie Roach. I never said Oscar was extraordinary when Floyd fought him but he was in better shape then when Pac fought him and the champ at 154. The funny thing is that all the WW's didn't consider Baldomir a bum like you do but everyone considered Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Mosley and Margarito easy wins for Pac. When Floyd fought Mosley he was considered a threat but when Pac fought him he was considered a bad fight. The same Baldomir you are discrediting, Clottey could not beat and got disqualified but you give props to Pac for beating Clottey.

The only people who discredited Carlos Baldomir were and are Floyd Mayweather Jr's naysayers. Not even the man people say Floyd ducked "Antonio Margarito" say that Baldomir was an easy fight. Look at the difference of what was being said about Mosley when Floyd and Pac fought him. You should give up homie. You can't win this debate.
      OK, your not getting it .... Oscar vs Manny (why then you say?) .... same reason why Floyd is taking on Manny. Right?

You are looking at it now but back then that was not the case.
      People were saying:
      - Oscar vs Manny? "that ain't no fight. Oscar is going to kill Manny said Roger Mayweather
      - Hatton vs Manny? "Hatton is king at 140." ... Hatton is going beat that no skilled Manny said by Floyd Sr Mayweather
      - Cotto is too big and too strong by Floyd Sr Mayweather

Floyd and his team said ..... "The only way Manny can beat Oscar, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey ... is because he is taking them PEDs .... he was never that good. So how can he beat them big guys!"

Here is one of many similar predictions made by people:
      "When Pacquiao fought Oscar I picked Oscar.
      When he faced Hatton I picked Hatton, though ... I became a believer after that fight and vowed to never pick against him again .... Then he faced Cotto and I thought he would be too much for Pac ....Now he's facing Clottey at 147 .... Clottey by unanimous decision."

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        I am tired of it. I try to post my thoughts on boxing but have to hear non sense because of something I said about Manny or that I am a fan of Floyd. Pac fans criticize you both ways. All I do is talk about boxing. I don't even call them *******s or whatever else is the trendy names to call each other on here. **** is lame. Then you just post exactly what the situation is and then you're a hater. Ridiculous.
        You still in here grus? Smh
        Cmon man floyd fans do the same ****.
        Just get over it you aint changing anyones mind. Just give up this crusade to discredit pac.
        You have always picked pac to lose then after he wins you do your one congratulation post then follow it up with a excuse why it wasnt a good win. Dude isnt the best techincal boxer out there we get it, but hes damn good enough to beat a lot of people.
        Just trying to help you out man...its not a good look.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          OK, your not getting it .... Oscar vs Manny (why then you say?) .... same reason why Floyd is taking on Manny. Right?

You are looking at it now but back then that was not the case.
          People were saying:
          - Oscar vs Manny? "that ain't no fight. Oscar is going to kill Manny said Roger Mayweather
          - Hatton vs Manny? "Hatton is king at 140." ... Hatton is going beat that no skilled Manny said by Floyd Sr Mayweather
          - Cotto is too big and too strong by Floyd Sr Mayweather

Floyd and his team said ..... "The only way Manny can beat Oscar, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey ... is because he is taking them PEDs .... he was never that good. So how can he beat them big guys!"

Here is one of many similar predictions made by people:
          "When Pacquiao fought Oscar I picked Oscar.
          When he faced Hatton I picked Hatton, though ... I became a believer after that fight and vowed to never pick against him again .... Then he faced Cotto and I thought he would be too much for Pac ....Now he's facing Clottey at 147 .... Clottey by unanimous decision."
          I have to admit that I thought Oscar was going to beat Manny so I never made an argument about the way Oscar looked or performed. Same with Hatton. Cotto I was iffy about because of the catchweight but Pac beat him too and each time I gave props when I was proved wrong but at the end it is what it is and in no way can you discredit Floyd wins at WW and give Pac props for basically beating guys that were already beaten and say Pac wins were greater when Floyd beat them first when they were better fighters in ways mentally and physically. That's my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRcrit View Post
            You still in here grus? Smh
            Cmon man floyd fans do the same ****.
            Just get over it you aint changing anyones mind. Just give up this crusade to discredit pac.
            You have always picked pac to lose then after he wins you do your one congratulation post then follow it up with a excuse why it wasnt a good win. Dude isnt the best techincal boxer out there we get it, but hes damn good enough to beat a lot of people.
            Just trying to help you out man...its not a good look.
            You ain't trying to help nobody out because at the end of the day I called the 3rd Marquez/Pac fight EXACTLY how it went so try bringing that up. How can me saying Pac will lose discrediting him? Fights are called all the time. I did say Pac is a very good fighter but not a great technical fighter but I have his fans trying to tell me that I'm wrong? Also, I never made an excuse for Oscar and Hatton. The only thing I said about the Cotto fight is that it would have been a better look if would have beat him at 147. Is that a lie? I think the only reason why Pac fans think I'm hating on Pac is that I'm telling the truth. I also never believed Pac can beat Floyd and his fans get at me for that. But you're right and I'm not trying to change no one mind but rather only speaking how I feel and shouldn't be called out for it.

I don't believe Manny will KO JMM early because Pac is not a 1 punch KO fighter with exception to Hatton AND when has Marquez ever been knocked out early or in general. I believe Pac can win but I think people are down playing JMM considering Marquez was Pac's toughest fights to date in the first fight and years later in the rematch. I say the second fight was more of a win for Marquez then the first so why are so many saying Marquez is old? He has had the better comp since he last fought Pac. Eventhough Pac fought at the higher weight class longer, Manny still hasn't had a fighter that can give him a competitive fight and Juan Manuel Marquez can. This fight can go either way but I'm not going to cosign Pac KO'n Marquez considering he could not do it in 2 fights years apart with 4 kd's in total. Marquez is a very good technical boxer and if he can fight smart and not get lured into Pac's fight then I see another close fight.

All JMM has to do is be patient and wait for Pac to open up. Pac strengths are from his opponents rushing him and leaving themselves open. If JMM doesn't get over anxious and fights a smart technical fight then we have another tough fight.

Even when I call fights I use my technical outlook and not a hateful one but it is only translated into hate when it is not pro Manny. I bet before the 3rd JMM fight people were probably cursing me out and saying I'm crazy for posting this prediction because everyone thought Marquez was lunch meat. Don't try to act like my friend and talk down to me.
            Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-16-2011, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X