Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anthony Joshua have a glass jaw or iron chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That shot Whyte hit him with wasn't even the huge shot people say it was. I know Whyte is pretty heavy handed but it wasn't a huge shot or anything. He just clipped him coming in.

There's always been suspicion about Joshua's chin, he'd been stopped in the amateurs and seemed to have a touch of the David Price about him. We'll see anyway.

That was hardly a quick recovery against Whyte either, he was on queer street walking back to his corner and was completely stiff for a round or two after that. I'd have to say if he was in the ring with someone like Haye, if he got hurt like that, a finisher like Haye wouldn't have let him see the end of that round.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-05-2016, 06:12 AM.

Comment

It was a big shot that landed.

It was well thrown and he was coming in looking for a KO and walked right onto it. He did well to stay up, but it took him a good 5 minutes to fully recover and get his legs and speed back.

Chin seems alright, but you can't judge on that one situation. What I will say is that shot would have KO'd David Price so it's not that kind of glass.
      Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 04-05-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
        Very bad chin

The shot Whyte caught him with clipped him at best.

But what a lot of people didn't notice about that shot was that it actually knocked Joshua out.

Joshua was literally unconcious for a few seconds after that shot.

But because his legs are so strong (steroids) when you get ko'd all your muscles tense. So he stayed on his feet because his strong legs locked up, like Rigor Mortis.

Whyte is just a fat club fighter and he was so shocked he didn't take advantage.

Martin is a slick, skilled champion. When he gets joshua like that he will follow up with a beautiful left hook and send joshua crashing to the canvas for the full 10 count
        That's exactly what I saw as well. His whole body locked up, including his arms, which allowed him to block Whyte's follow up shots. Had Whyte just given him a swift push he would have toppled over like a tree with his arms in the air and that big grin plastered to his face.

Martin won't make the same mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          That shot Whyte hit him with wasn't even the huge shot people say it was. I know Whyte is pretty heavy handed but it wasn't a huge shot or anything. He just clipped him coming in.

There's always been suspicion about Joshua's chin, he'd been stopped in the amateurs and seemed to have a touch of the David Price about him. We'll see anyway.

That was hardly a quick recovery against Whyte either, he was on queer street walking back to his corner and was completely stiff for a round or two after that. I'd have to say if he was in the ring with someone like Haye, if he got hurt like that, a finisher like Haye wouldn't have let him see the end of that round.
          Yeah, the shot's been blown way out of proportion in the aftermath. It was a good shot, caught Joshua pretty flush on the chin, but it certainly wouldn't have KOed almost anyone else if it landed. That's just ridiculous hyperbole.

Joshua did well to take it, but his recovery time was ridiculously slow. Bruno was the same. He could take some decent shots, but they would just stiffen him up and leave him open for follow up shots that would eventually drop him for the count.

Joshua's chin seems alright to me, in that he's unlikely to get knocked unconscious by anything other than full bodied shots from big punchers. It's his recovery abilities I'd be more concerned about.
          Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 04-05-2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X