Klitschkos dominance is due to Conditioning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    vitaly admitted to using steroids
    Apparently Jones, Mosley and many others have done steroids, some people are naive here when it comes to performance enhancing drugs. I'm not accusing you, but you just reminded of how some people think.

Comment

The Klitschkos are beasts!

Comment

This is ridiculous. Both brothers, especially Wlad, win fights due to their skills. Of course they're well conditioned, but they wouldn't win fights in such emphantic fashion if their only (or main) advantage was just superior conditioning. They're simply much better tactically and skill-wise than the majority of their opponents. In some cases power, size or toughness might come into play, but if you're going to single out just one thing that puts them on top it's this: they're better than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by dammage7 View Post
          I was so impressed by vitali at teh weigh in. for a 40y old, he look is amazing shape for his fight. it puts in perspectivr to other heavyweight challengers especially from states like chambers, arreola, toney, rahman, austin, briggs, who are all in pretty awful shape. even likes of solis, tyson fury, all carry alot of fat.

Vitali were basically fat free yesterday.

he will probably fight Haye and Valuev then retire.

no way haye fights him lol. maybe he signs a contract but there's no way he goes through with it. he barely made it out of his dressing room against wladimir

i think he's done boxing

at least done boxing klitschkos

and valuev vs klitschko would be one half sideshow (valuev's half) and one half clinical asswhooping (vitali's half)
          Last edited by New England; 09-10-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
            This is ridiculous. Both brothers, especially Wlad, win fights due to their skills. Of course they're well conditioned, but they wouldn't win fights in such emphantic fashion if their only (or main) advantage was just superior conditioning. They're simply much better tactically and skill-wise than the majority of their opponents. In some cases power, size or toughness might come into play, but if you're going to single out just one thing that puts them on top it's this: they're better than the rest.
            Naturally, the brothers' skills are at the top of their list of attributes, but you're seriously under-appreciating the value of their conditioning. Athletic conditioning allows a fighter to employ their skills at maximum efficiency. What's more important in a car: the engine or the transmission? Most people would say the engine; but if the tranny is shot, the engine can't move the car by itself.

Years ago, I read a book that featured interviews with many former world champions. I remember being impressed with how often the champs cited conditioning as vital to success. There's little doubt in my mind that the Klitschkos would not have reached their level of achievement if they didn't have the same work-ethic and conditioning. They're the foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              vitaly admitted to using steroids
              He never used performance enhancers though. He was recovering from a knee injury and were supposed to go to olympics. Dr prescribed him corticosteroids(not the stuff to make you buff, but an amazing inflammation killer. Though they are rarely prescribed in the states, because we have much better medications now, they are often used in poorer countries like Ukraine as a best alternative for joint and muscle tissue recovery) and when he was questioned and tested for steroids, he admitted to using the stuff doctor prescribed him. Doping comission does not differ wether you used steroids to run faster, or to heal your leg so thats how Vitaly's road to olympic ended.
              I doubt this could be unethical in any way.

Comment

Partly but being a damn giant does not hurt either...

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  He never used performance enhancers though. He was recovering from a knee injury and were supposed to go to olympics. Dr prescribed him corticosteroids(not the stuff to make you buff, but an amazing inflammation killer. Though they are rarely prescribed in the states, because we have much better medications now, they are often used in poorer countries like Ukraine as a best alternative for joint and muscle tissue recovery) and when he was questioned and tested for steroids, he admitted to using the stuff doctor prescribed him. Doping comission does not differ wether you used steroids to run faster, or to heal your leg so thats how Vitaly's road to olympic ended.
                  I doubt this could be unethical in any way.
                  If all this is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, nothing more needs to be said on this subject.

Comment

Working...
                  X