No announcement yet.

Martinez: Crazy Cat-Like Reflexes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez: Crazy Cat-Like Reflexes

Found this video on youtube... pretty cool.

they're doing routines.... as in they've practiced them hundreds of times.

Haven't you seen Floyd doing pad work with Roger?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

True, but he looks very sharp and quick with his movements, very cat-like.

Comment

Would have been fun to seen Martinez beat the shit out of Margarito with out the wraps in a rematch.

I would have paid to seen it.

Comment

Im not on my own when I saw say Martinez is cat-like then.

I have just bought a christmas kitten for the missus and named it sexy Sergio

Comment

ZZzzzzz.....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

This is false. Floyds routine is entirely different, not all mit work is routine.

With most padwork, the objective to hit what you see as soon as you see it. Soon as he throws the pad up for a jab, hit it. Sometimes he'll try to hit you. Pads are just as much for reflex as they are anything else. A lot of fighters like to get set before hiting the mit, this is false padwork.. is encourages waiting.

If you watch this, you'll see real padwork at play.

Notice no communication before the two. No voice, no hand signals. It's all reflex. Jeff tries to genuinely make contact with Caba, testing his defense as well as his ability to hit the target as soon as he see's it.

In the video posted of martinez, they aren't freestyling at all, but to. It's routine combo + slip. However, not all pad work is like that. It's very common for a trainer to break routine and test your twitch reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                This is false. Floyds routine is entirely different, not all mit work is routine.

With most padwork, the objective to hit what you see as soon as you see it. Soon as he throws the pad up for a jab, hit it. Sometimes he'll try to hit you. Pads are just as much for reflex as they are anything else. A lot of fighters like to get set before hiting the mit, this is false padwork.. is encourages waiting.

If you watch this, you'll see real padwork at play.

Notice no communication before the two. No voice, no hand signals. It's all reflex. Jeff tries to genuinely make contact with Caba, testing his defense as well as his ability to hit the target as soon as he see's it.

In the video posted of martinez, they aren't freestyling at all, but to. It's routine combo + slip. However, not all pad work is like that. It's very common for a trainer to break routine and test your twitch reflexes.

And who's to say that that isn't the same exact pattern of pad work they do in every single previous workout? Why would they need communication if they know the drill already?

Comment

Not as cool as Herol Graham's routine of allowing the public to try and hit him. I'll try and find the video...

Comment

He's sharp in it. Routine, but he's not moving before the punch is thrown, but as the movement for the punch begins, so he's tracking it. Routine has it's place, but a lot of people take advantage of it and begin moving before the "punch" you're slipping begins to manifest which basically doesn't completely "teach" you how to see it coming. Hence the development of bad habits. Floyd does his routine too, but he's sharp and catches everything as it's coming ie: He doesn't put his hand up, then the punch starts, and hits his glove. I'm talking about when he's looking directly at his trainer and not when he's douching it up.
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-24-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X