No announcement yet.

Something people are forgetting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something people are forgetting

Shane Mosley had the perfect style for Margarito, hits hard enough to crack that chin, was faster, strong enough to wrestle on inside and rough enough inside to hold Margarito.

Manny in comparison is faster than Mosley, doesn't hit as hard, isn't as strong and doesn't hold.

I also think Margarito would give Mayweather a tougher fight than Mosley did, Mayweather hasn't got the power to hurt Margarito and his stamina will keep Floyd busy all 12, unlike old Shane who gassed early.

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS, Pacquiao vs Margarito will be a great fight and should Pacquiao win he deserves full credit.

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    Shane Mosley had the perfect style for Margarito, hits hard enough to crack that chin, was faster, strong enough to wrestle on inside and rough enough inside to hold Margarito.

Manny in comparison is faster than Mosley, doesn't hit as hard, isn't as strong and doesn't hold.

I also think Margarito would give Mayweather a tougher fight than Mosley did, Mayweather hasn't got the power to hurt Margarito and his stamina will keep Floyd busy all 12, unlike old Shane who gassed early.

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS, Pacquiao vs Margarito will be a great fight and should Pacquiao win he deserves full credit.
    I agree. This is far from a gimme fight in my opinion. Anything done in this fight will be earned. It will come down to Marg's chin and how he deals with Manny's movement.

Comment

i dunno man...it all depends of margo.....
      u guys think mosley cracked margos chin?

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
        i dunno man...it all depends of margo.....
        u guys think mosley cracked margos chin?
        I don't think that Shane ruined Marg's chin if that's what you're asking. I just think that it depends on how well Marg can take Manny's punches. If he takes them well then he may be able to walk Manny down. I do expect Marg to take alot of shots though.
        Last edited by danny711; 11-06-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I agree up to a point too. Which is why I bet a small amount at +425 on Margarito for value. But I also bet like +250 or something if I remember right on Cotto against Pac and that ended up being not even close to a 250. Maybe Pac will just wipe out Margarito too

Comment

Well, the thing that you are forgetting is that Margarito was caught loading up his gloves with rocks before the fight against Mosley. Without those rocks, Margarito looked less than average. It is possible that Margarito never was an elite, world class, boxer. Chances are that if Margarito were a legitimate threat to Pacquiao, Freddie Roach would be protecting Pacquiao form Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
              Well, the thing that you are forgetting is that Margarito was caught loading up his gloves with rocks before the fight against Mosley. Without those rocks, Margarito looked less than average. It is possible that Margarito never was an elite, world class, boxer. Chances are that if Margarito were a legitimate threat to Pacquiao, Freddie Roach would be protecting Pacquiao form Margarito.
              Yeah because Pacquiao is known for being a protected fighter.

Cotto fight was probably the most dangerous fight he could have taken, not even mentioning De La Hoya and fights back in the featherweight days.

Comment

Yeah because Pacquiao is known for being a protected fighter.

Cotto fight was probably the most dangerous fight he could have taken, not even mentioning De La Hoya and fights back in the featherweight days.
                Freddie Roach protected Pacquiao from the following fighters:

Joan Guzman
                Zahir Raheem
                Nate Campbell
                Shane Mosley

But anyways, my point to you is that Margarito may not actually be an elite fighter. Watch his fight against Shane Mosley to see what I mean. When watching that fight, keep in mind that Margarito did not have his cheating advantage with him.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
                  Freddie Roach protected Pacquiao from the following fighters:

Joan Guzman
                  Zahir Raheem
                  Nate Campbell

Shane Mosley
                  I agree with you that Pac was protected from Shane but the others? Oscar wanted Pac to fight him when Pac just started at 135. No one in their right mind would say no to a multi-million dollar payday. This is why he never fought Guzman and Campbell.

After the Oscar fight, the fans wanted Pac and Hatton to get it on and they did. If he was already comfortable at 140, why would he go back down to 135?

He didn't fight Raheem because he was already signed to fight Morales the second time before Morales fought Raheem.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                    I agree with you that Pac was protected from Shane but the others? Oscar wanted Pac to fight him when Pac just started at 135. No one in their right mind would say no to a multi-million dollar payday. This is why he never fought Guzman and Campbell.

After the Oscar fight, the fans wanted Pac and Hatton to get it on and they did. If he was already comfortable at 140, why would he go back down to 135?

He didn't fight Raheem because he was already signed to fight Morales the second time before Morales fought Raheem.
                    The Oscar De La Hoya victory has nothing with Pacquiao not fighting Guzman. I am talking about the time when Guzman and Pacquiao were the top fighters at 130. Freddie Roach said he did not want Pacquiao to fight Guzman.

Morales was going to fight Pacquiao if he had won the fight against Raheem. Morales did not and Pacquiao still fought Morales. That is because Raheem has a style that Freddie Roach does not want Pacquiao to go up against.

Comment

Working...
                    X