No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Confident Seven Week Camp is Enough For Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Whats funny is, typically the older fighter should have the long training camp (around 10-12weeks max) and the younger fighter should be at about 8 but its the opposite between the 2. We may have a hug fest if it goes past 10...
    Only reason for a long camp is if you need the extra time to get the weight down; if you show up already fit (regardless of what the actual weight is) 6-8 weeks of prep should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LostOne View Post
      Doesn't matter how much time Cotto trains his downfall will be his chin. Hell Mayweather stunned him bad and he never does that unless he is fighting guys moving up in weight like Marquez and Hatton. Beating the likes of a shot Martinez and 2 bums in Rodriguez and that Aussie fruit can give you confidence I get it but people act like he beat three good fighters when in fact he beat 3 guys who were on their way out or never has beens. Once Canelo lands clean and consistently it's over, he is going to be looking like the toxic avenger like he did after Margarito and Pac got done with him.
      Yes I agree, Cotto is in for a rude awakening. His last few opponents are nothing to what Canelo has faced. Margarito had great success against Cotto twice before his eye gave out in the second fight. Canelo in my view is much better then Margarito all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Completely agree. He'll be the fresher fighter come fight night, and it is something that has worked and showed for him since he's been with Roach. Canelo will leave it all in the gym, part of the youth inexperience and crap corner. He'll be fatigued within 3-4 rounds.
        I would have to disagree. Im sure by now Canelo and his camp have it figured out. Canelo knows how far to push his body, if he hasnt figured that out by now he should not be fighting.

Comment

canelo win this fight in 10 round

Comment

That's plenty of time to hire someone to take out one of Canelo's knees. I wonder what Tonya Harding's old crew are up to nowadays.

Comment

Cotto's body isn't going to recover like it used to so a shorter camp is better so long as he hasn't neglected his body off-season (which he hasn't). It's not he's still advancing and developing himself like Canelo will be. Cotto's done this before. He just needs time to get his cardio up, get back in rhythm, and go over a gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Anita Gofradump View Post
                That's plenty of time to hire someone to take out one of Canelo's knees. I wonder what Tonya Harding's old crew are up to nowadays.
                Who is Tonya Harding?

Comment

Originally posted by reyes066 View Post
                  canelo win this fight in 10 round
                  I agree Canelo will take over the fight in the later rounds. Cotto seems to fade down the stretch of long fights.

Comment

Canelo's corner and trainer are terrible and inept-Lousy

Cotto obviously is tougher mentally than the carrot topped Canelo the weak Mental drained Mexican. Cotto obviously has the advantage with Roach as the trainer over that fat faced lazy slob who trains Canelo. Cotto has been in some wars with great fighters granted Cotto has lost most all of them. Canelo has youth and speed and movement to Canelo's advantage. Canelo's corner is too stupid and inept and dimwitted to give advice between rounds to carrot top Canelo. Roach can keep Cotto in the fight but Roach cannot win the fight. Take the youth and speed of Canelo despite the inept corner to beat Cotto on a close decision. Bearcat knows this as fact.

Comment

Roach knows Cotto will be on that bicycle by the late rounds so he doesn't need as long of a camp.

Comment

Working...
                      X