Billy Joe Saunders - Britain's next superstar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid looks good. But doubt he will be a superstar fighting on.boxnation

Comment

I've been impressed with him and Gavin recently. They both seem to be improving and have all the tools. Both have got some growing to do though.

Comment

good fighter - yes

superstar - no

Comment

Needs to learn how to punch! He has an amatuers style and doesn't punch through his mark he hits it and pulls back. Needs alot of body developement too definetley some muscle tone. He knows boxing basics for sure but you need to punch with power to maintain status in the pros. Great amatuers can win titles but rarely keep them unless they learn how to punch. Its the pros not 3 rounds of speed. Ray.

Has he fought anyone that punches back yet????.........

Comment

superstar my arse.

Him
            Gavin
            Groves
            De Gale.

All over-rated and no way as good as they think they are or their promoters think they are. None of them have the talent of Amir Khan and will never be serious world titlelist. And if they do win a title, expect them to loose it at first defence like Gavin Rees-remember that bum?

Off the potential new crop-only brooks and Price seem to be excellent prospects.

Comment

That seems a bit harsh medium-deek. They're all early into their careers, and of them I only see one guy with an inflated sense of self (guess who).

I think Saunders and Groves can go a long way, not so sure about Gavin as he maybe lacks dedication. Degale can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, but he is talented, no two ways about it.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
                superstar my arse.

Him
                Gavin
                Groves
                De Gale.

All over-rated and no way as good as they think they are or their promoters think they are. None of them have the talent of Amir Khan and will never be serious world titlelist. And if they do win a title, expect them to loose it at first defence like Gavin Rees-remember that bum?

Off the potential new crop-only brooks and Price seem to be excellent prospects.
                Oh the irony...

You make a list of fighters then go on to say Brook and Price seem to be excellent prospects?

Brook has near enough twice the amount of fights as those you have listed. Do you know who Brook was fighting when he was 13 - 0, 5 years ago? Karl David. Brook also doesn't have the amateur pedigree that those fighters have.

David Price?

Based on what...

I like Price, I think he's made some good progression so far and has shown devastating power. But he's yet to be truly tested and there are worries over his chin.

Seriously, you just made yourself look like a right deekhead.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  It also cracks me up how people call others bums (and other childish insults) then misspell a simple word like lose.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                    That seems a bit harsh medium-deek. They're all early into their careers, and of them I only see one guy with an inflated sense of self (guess who).

I think Saunders and Groves can go a long way, not so sure about Gavin as he maybe lacks dedication. Degale can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, but he is talented, no two ways about it.
                    everyone could tell Khan, for example, had something special from early stages. Having seen groves and de gale in action, they wont stand a chance against the likes of dirrel or ward or froch or any of the other major contenders. euro level fighters at best, I'm afraid. trust me. If these guys become world titlelist, I'll eat my hat.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      Oh the irony...

You make a list of fighters then go on to say Brook and Price seem to be excellent prospects?

Brook has near enough twice the amount of fights as those you have listed. Do you know who Brook was fighting when he was 13 - 0, 5 years ago? Karl David. Brook also doesn't have the amateur pedigree that those fighters have.

David Price?

Based on what...

I like Price, I think he's made some good progression so far and has shown devastating power. But he's yet to be truly tested and there are worries over his chin.

I'm basing this on what I see. Dont really care how many fights they've had. I see potential/worl beaters early on and non of these guys are world beaters. Having watched the de gale/groves fight just highlighted how much euro level these two are. They can have as much fights as ryan rhodes. Still wont get them anywhere. Brooks/Price I "see" making impacts. Trust me. You'll bow down before me offering your apology soon enough...

Comment

Working...
                      X