Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i love how abraham is portrayed as the anti-pavlik......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Seen Lajuan Simon At All?

Can this kid box at all? Does he have a chin? How about a heartbeat?

At some point Abraham will underestimate some nobody, have a bad night, suffer an awkward cut and take a blind beating. Granted the German referee and local judges will give him every chance to make it to the final bell including lifting him off the canvas and playing puppet with his arms. He is one hell of a fighter but he is still human, this is still boxing and anyone can have a bad night. 50 to 1 odds is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginGloves View Post
      Can this kid box at all? Does he have a chin? How about a heartbeat?

At some point Abraham will underestimate some nobody, have a bad night, suffer an awkward cut and take a blind beating. Granted the German referee and local judges will give him every chance to make it to the final bell including lifting him off the canvas and playing puppet with his arms. He is one hell of a fighter but he is still human, this is still boxing and anyone can have a bad night. 50 to 1 odds is just ridiculous.
      The Abraham-Simon fight has 50 to 1 odds?

I'm not sure what kind of a fighter Lajuan Simon is aside from being 6'1 which is tall for a middleweight (Abraham in comparison is only 5'10).

There have been rumours about Abraham having big trouble making the 160 lb limit. He has also been injury-prone in the past.
      Last edited by TheGreatA; 03-13-2009, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
        The Abraham-Simon fight has 50 to 1 odds?

I'm not sure what kind of a fighter Lajuan Simon is aside from being 6'1 which is tall for a middleweight (Abraham in comparison is only 5'10).

There has been rumours about Abraham having big trouble making the 160 lb limit.
        Maybe its true, but I still find it hard to believe. Somebody put me in touch with the book giving those odds, I'll take a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Maybe its true, but I still find it hard to believe. Somebody put me in touch with the book giving those odds, I'll take a chance.
          I went to one betting site but it wasn't giving 50 to 1 odds if you were to bet on Simon, it was actually giving 1/50 if you were to bet on Abraham.

Comment

The double standard is funny. Abraham is really active though, so it doesn't bother me much. Bottom line is both of these guys need to fight eachother. Sturm too.

Comment

It's 20-1 odds. Simon's record doesnt impress me. I mean if you have 10 dollars to waste you could make 200 bucks if you get lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                It's 20-1 odds. Simon's record doesnt impress me. I mean if you have 10 dollars to waste you could make 200 bucks if you get lucky...
                I don't think Simon is gonna win, but give me 50 to 1 and I would drop 50 bucks and a prayer on it.

Comment

Working...
                X