Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. at 140 Lbs. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Noose

Thats unfair considering almost every posters response has been justified with valid arguments about their style matchup and differing strengths/weaknesses.
    Maybe its you who needs to clear your head of the 'pac.tards' vs 'flo.mo' battles.

look at all my post and you find that i dont get into these flo or tards vs crap debates and you are the only one talking about these groups of nutjobs JACKASS how about you clear your head numbnuts my post had nothing to do with your bullcrap response. I see right through these media hype created fighters and that includes Floyd Mayweather, Chazves jr ,Canelo, Boner ect..
    Dude.. he asked who would win at 140 Pac or Chavez Sr. Answer the question. It's not that hard. You're bringing up **** that absolutely no one is talking about.
    Anyways, I got Chavez by UD in a close fight that's a war. Pacquiao would get hurt sooner than Chavez would and those body shots would affect Manny a ton.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

A more amusing question is whether Pac could beat the 160lb JCC Jr who is a come forward face first fighter who doesn't throw punches.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao wins.

Comment

Pac would get kill in 1....fantasy fight

Floyd would KO Chavez Sr. though.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Wow, so far we have Pac knocking both prime Duran and prime Chavez out at their best weights. Gets beaten by a 40 year old lightweight, can't knock out a weak punching Bradley or a 40 year shot to **** Mosley, but he stops prime Duran and Chavez? Ok.

Anyway, the speed wouldn't be as much of a factor as people think. Against guys who can slip and counter very effectively, and get inside using angles, rather than just standing in front of him, Pac gets lost, makes too many mistakes and just gets hit too cleanly. Chavez's defense very underrated as was his ring savvy and countering.

I think he hurts Pac to the body and really has a big effect on him that way and takes a close, but clear decision ala the first Morales fight.

Add this to Chavez' obvious offensive, power, countering, and other skill capabilities.

How quickly people forget.
            Not mocking your post or anything, but if I knew how to make a highlight video like that and had the time to do it, I can actually make a Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton entitled The King of Defense. Just look for the instances where Ricky Hatton is dodging punches and avoiding punches, and make it a compilation video of his "underrated" defense. Which he does have, and I know some fights by memory that I can go cut out some scenes where he shows great head movement.

I'm saying Ricky Hatton sucks defensively, and even he can get a highlight video of his defense. I don't trust highlight videos. Highlight videos can make John Ruiz look like an exciting fighter, and Paulie Malignaggi look like a good puncher. On the otherhand, you can crap all over a fighter by making a highlight video of how bad their defense is. You can make a complete opposite video of JCC and all the times he got hit with a stupid punch and call the video "The Worst Defense of the 90s".

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
              Dude.. he asked who would win at 140 Pac or Chavez Sr. Answer the question. It's not that hard. You're bringing up **** that absolutely no one is talking about.
              Anyways, I got Chavez by UD in a close fight that's a war. Pacquiao would get hurt sooner than Chavez would and those body shots would affect Manny a ton.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              oh i did answer the question Chavez wins by ko no need to get butthurt not my fault Pac is a media hype fighter

Comment

Pacquiao would win by stoppage on cuts, Chavez Sr. is a come forward pressure fighter, Chavez fights similar to marco antonio barrera with the slight head slip as defense and using the same body punch style throwing a few shots tot he head followed by a left to the body, canelo uses that style too, just like what Pacman loves to fight.

Chavez Sr. was at his best below 140's. Pacquiao could hang with bigger man at 14o's like when he took those massive double left hooks to the body while on the ropes by margarito and still stood up and fired back while hurting in pain.

Pacquiao has problems with guys who fight backing up, but give him any guy who comes directly at him and you have to give him a damn good shot even slightly favor him in those match ups, he has unreal angle punches too, something you don't see from many people, just really awkward combo punches.
                Last edited by hectari; 09-29-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao knocks his ass out.

Comment

Chavez knocks him out in the 10th

Comment

Manny would chop Chavez up...open him up something viscious imo...too much speed and angles along with the power....pop pop pop popopopop..pop..Manny all night long...a stamp job by Manny imo...Chavez quits on the stool...Manny by TKO!!

Comment

Working...
                      X