No announcement yet.

My 2 Tosa inu puppies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one-Punch View Post
    Pitbulls and Tosa's are actually friendly dogs. Tosa's are misunderstood giants, and pitbulls have a bad rep due to the ignorance of their trainers (the most gentle dog I have ever owned was a pitbull, he was a wuss). Rottweilers on the other hand are messed, my family had tons of them. I have had some bad experiences as a kid.
    It is a stigma. I would trust a pit with my child more than I would a Collie or a cocker spaniel. Pitbull has been a victim of backyard breeders who don't know what they are doing ****ing up the temprament. Fighting dogs are not human aggessive. They have to be seperated by humans and if a human gets bit they don't get bred. This is the way it has been for generations. A true game bred pit, you can just walk right in and steal. I had a gamer from gr ch. mayday and he was a bad boy. Very gentle with children and puppies. Super intense dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
      She is pure and papered. Tosas come in black, brindle, Red, fawn, and in Japan even pie bald. The black Tosas are suppose to be more sought after and expensive by the western enthusiasts. It don't matter to me, a Tosa is a Tosa. They don't breed these dogs for looks or color in Japan, just function. That is why the Japanese do not send the real fighters abroad and send more conformationally correct watered down Tosas. There is a tourist spot in japan called the Tosa fighting center in Kochi, they put on exhibition fights with watered down Tosas and the president of the center breeds his dogs for western standards. Even though, a watered down Tosa is still a beast. The "real" Tosas are competed by several organizations in different parts of Japan and they get together for a national tournament. My males pedigree reads generations long of national champs. If you are going to get something in Canada, look for Toshi Tosa Kennels, Email: toshi@accesswave.ca Patrick James. I think they are expecting pups. These guys supposedly breed for temperament and ability. I use to be friends with the Jap/ American dogman and I know he has the real deal. My female is from Toshi. They don't have a website but here is a link to their webshot page http://community.webshots.com/user/to****osaskennels or for the real real deal you can go to http://www.tosa-inu.com/ and spend a grip 5k and up. That is where my male is from. I plan to breed nala and Red late next year depending if they have no genetic or temperamental unwaranted human aggression issues.
      The only Tosa's I have seen in Canada look like your boy Red. Thanks for the information. Where is Toshi Tosa Kennels located? I was planning on getting a tosa from this place. http://www.tosahouse.com/

It's not too far from where I live.

Now if I can't afford a Tosa (2500$). I am going to get another Bull Terrier. I can get them for cheap. My Bull Terrier is worth 2-2500$. He is a pretty rare colour.

This is the best pic I have of him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneBum View Post
        Now that is a dangerous dog right there. It is a myth though. These dogs are flock dogs not genetically engineered like pits or Tosas to be game. That being said the Tosa don't hold a candle to a pit in terms of gameness. They are big and powerful enough that gameness does not factor in against a heavyweight Tosa. The Tosa is the next gamest dog to the true Pit not the blue variety.
        Last edited by Alibata; 06-02-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

The only Tosa's I have seen in Canada look like your boy Red. Thanks for the information. Where is Toshi Tosa Kennels located? I was planning on getting a tosa from this place. http://www.tosahouse.com/

It's not too far from where I live.

Now if I can't afford a Tosa (2500$). I am going to get another Bull Terrier. I can get them for cheap. My Bull Terrier is worth 2-2500$. He is a pretty rare colour.

This is the best pic I have of him.

Your gonna have the dog for a long time. Save up, a spud mkenzie dog is cool as hell though. Tosa house is in Ontario. It is a lady that breeds huh?, The male, Taro, is from Matsu kennels. She has good looking dogs. I think you would get something good from her. I think Patrick James is more expensive for the choice puppies he can charge $3500 but he gets some nice colors. Check out his webshot page. You can't go wrong, with an established reputable breeder. I think Tosa house is that.

Here is the dad of my boy

Here is the Grandpa on the mother side, he is a yokozuna champ that was imported. Note the bite marks all over his chest.

Here is a brindle female from the same breeder

Comment

Damn, that's a nice dog.

Comment

Save up, a spud mkenzie dog is cool as hell though.
              Yeah, Bull Terriers are cool. Much harder to train then I thought. Extremely hyper. He weighs 80lb, very big head for a bull terrier, and is just a big barrel of muscle.

Comment

Yeah, Bull Terriers are cool. Much harder to train then I thought. Extremely hyper. He weighs 80lb, very big head for a bull terrier, and is just a big barrel of muscle.
                Tosas are easier. They are actually really sensitive and respond to a change of tone in your voice. You can't be too harsh on a Tosa too, they hold grudges. They do have to earn your trust though then they will start to listen. kick back dogs, but really expensive to feed. I have owned rottys, german sheperds, bulldogges and the Tosa is the easiest of em all. They do not challenge for dominance as hard if at all. My male did to me though over a bone. I just grabbed his scruff and it never happened again.

Comment

Tosas are easier. They are actually really sensitive and respond to a change of tone in your voice. You can't be too harsh on a Tosa too, they hold grudges. They do have to earn your trust though then they will start to listen. kick back dogs, but really expensive to feed. I have owned rottys, german sheperds, bulldogges and the Tosa is the easiest of em all. They do not challenge for dominance as hard if at all. My male did to me though over a bone. I just grabbed his scruff and it never happened again.
                  I have owned a pitbull, coyote/shepherd (don't ask), pure german rottweiler, and I currently own a ancient Lab, and 4 year old bull terrier. Out of all these dogs, the Bull Terrier was the worse to train. I can't stress how active these dogs are when they are young. I have never seen anything like it. Out of all these dogs, the meanest/most protective one was the Lab. The so called A Typical family dog. lol

Well it was nice talking to you, but I got to head to bed. My gf is giving me ****.

Comment

Big dogs. Looks nice though... As long as you isn't a dog that is.

Comment

How are the pups now?

Comment

Working...
                      X