Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Green reminded me of Leonard vs Camacho.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camacho was very good although at super featherweight/lightweight. Leonard hadn't fought in 7 years.

Comment

True about not being able to shine their shoes in their prime but Macho was better than Green

Comment

Originally posted by shobox View Post
        sparring with headguards is different to an actual fight
        NO **** right?

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        Sparring is sparring. Point blank, period.

This is your logic: Old Roy lost to Danny Green. Toney beat Danny Green in sparring. So Toney is the better fighter.

Now read that out loud and tell me it doesn't sound stupid as hell.
        Sorry. Just cuz' you say it doesn't make it true.

Toney is just the better fighter period. He has skills, Roy didn't have skills. Just athletic ability. Which is why Toney has been able to be successful later in his career (evenwith all the fat) and Roy has nothing left.

Toney/Green fighting in the gym was legendary. Danny Green took the worst of it, but he was able to hang w/ Toney.

People act like Roy lost to some bum.

Comment

Roy is like Sampson from Sampson and Delilah.

Substitute reflexes for locks of hair.

Once he lost his reflexes and speed, he had no fundamental skills to rely on. He was exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post

Toney is just the better fighter period. He has skills, Roy didn't have skills. Just athletic ability. Which is why Toney has been able to be successful later in his career (evenwith all the fat) and Roy has nothing left.

Toney/Green fighting in the gym was legendary. Danny Green took the worst of it, but he was able to hang w/ Toney.

You didn't really answer anything I addressed.

Danny Green got whooped in sparring, but "not that bad". Therefore, James Toney is a better fighter than Roy Jones.

That is what you're saying.

Comment

Toney was more content on talking trash to Green than actually fighting him during their sparring session.

It's difficult to imagine Green hanging in there with a prime Roy Jones:

Comment

Roy is like Sampson from Sampson and Delilah.

Substitute reflexes for locks of hair.

Once he lost his reflexes and speed, he had no fundamental skills to rely on. He was exposed.
                You really don't know that much about boxing. You just recycle the **** you've heard on the forums.

Comment

Honestly though, how come some of you thought Jones would beat Hopkins now?

Comment

NO **** right?

so what , there are plenty of sparring partners for great fighters who make it competetive in the gym but they dont necessarilly transfer it to a proper fight.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                      You really don't know that much about boxing. You just recycle the **** you've heard on the forums.
                      Dude, ,just shut up.

I box. I've sparred endless times. And I know, that even though its just "sparring", its fuking fighting.

If I punch you in the fukin head in the ring and bust up your nose w/ headgear on, you're not gonna say "oh its just sparring"...unless you're a *****.

If you're a real figher, you're gonna go at it.

Green and Toney went at it to the point where there was kd'owns and busted up grills.

I already proved to you Toney is better than Jones.

Just look at their careers and their skill sets.

Comment

Working...
                      X