Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Hopkins, Cloud Heats Up During Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Hopkins, Cloud Heats Up During Weigh-In

The weights are in for Saturday's HBO televised doubleheader at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. In the main event, Tavoris Cloud will defend his IBF lightweight title against 48-year-old ageless wonder Bernard Hopkins. Cloud (24-0, 19KOs) came in at 173.8-pounds, while Hopkins (52-6-2 with 32 KOs) was 174.4. Some words were exchange by the two fighters and they had to be separated. In the televised co-feature, Keith Thurman came in at 145.8-pounds and former champion Jan Zaveck was 146.6, as they will clash in a WBO final welterweight eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's the lightest Cloud has ever weighed in his career. Interesting.

Comment

B-Hop looks like this camp took it's tole. I hope my guy got 1 more sword thrust to further himself from the pack of great active fighters.

Comment

Cloud Retires BHop.

Comment

I really don't know what to expect out of this fight. You almost get the sense that at this point maybe B-Hop has cheated Father Time too many times...

Comment

Bhop looks starched man, might be drained and overtrained...dunno how he's fought this late into his 40's in the first place and I think if there's any guy at 175 he'll beat at this age its Cloud based on styles but Cloud also isn't a joke for an old man if age catches up with your ass. Dude's physical, strong and packs a punch and its with age that u see these guys get clipped with shots they'd normally take but not they wobble and lose their legs...I got Nard by UD but I'm not gonna be surprised if Cloud takes it

Comment

Damn, Hopkins is really looking old.

Comment

Don't read too much into the weigh in, BHOP's ring IQ is something that Cloud won't be able to compete with.

Comment

For some odd reason I'm much more interested in the Thurman-Zaveck fight, lets hope Hopkins still has enough to pull this one off.

Comment

Man my boy B-Hop looks sick i never seen him that skinney before he looks all of his age now

Comment

Working...
                    X