Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PED use was allowed and safely administered by athletic commissions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion is that you should gtfo with your stupid ideas. Allowing PED use is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Boxing is generally frowned upon by the general public as a violent combat sport now imagine what happens when they hear that boxing has allowed the so called 'safe use' of PED. That's a receipe for the death of boxing you fool.

Comment

Originally posted by helloimanton View Post
      My opinion is that you should gtfo with your stupid ideas. Allowing PED use is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Boxing is generally frowned upon by the general public as a violent combat sport now imagine what happens when they hear that boxing has allowed the so called 'safe use' of PED. That's a receipe for the death of boxing you fool.
      Generalizing all PEDs as unsafe proves how ignorant you are. Get your head out of your ass and read my previous post. This isn't a political debate about legalizing PEDs, it's about who the best P4P would be if all boxers were cycling the same quality PEDs.

You're naive if you think PED use isn't already prevalent in boxing when high level boxers like Andre Berto and Shane Mosley have tested positive on record. Guys like Andre Ward refusing to participate in VADA testing, JMM flat-out hiring a notorious PED chemist.

Floyd Mayweather's constantly preaching "hard work and dedication" yet he was accused of failing multiple drug test with USADA by a well respected journalist. He still hasn't denied or provided an explanation; what could he possibly be hiding?

Comment

PED use is cheating pure and simple and "athletes" that use are no more on the level than the weekly fare one gets from the WWE. Now if sports are no different to people than a scripted TV show and what happens has no more validity or meaning than mindless "entertainment" then I suppose PED use wouldn't bother them.....but I think it's a sad day when we reach that point of cultural Nihilism.

Comment

Do people not know what it means to take pride in their work? Fans who think PEDs would be fine if everyone could have them are idiotic, yes its not fair that some fighters do/have got away with it, but if EVERYONE was on PEDs?? It would disgust me and I would probably not watch the sport as much/ever.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            PED use is cheating pure and simple and "athletes" that use are no more on the level than the weekly fare one gets from the WWE. Now if sports are no different to people than a scripted TV show and what happens has no more validity or meaning than mindless "entertainment" then I suppose PED use wouldn't bother them.....but I think it's a sad day when we reach that point of cultural Nihilism.
            Anyway, how do you see the P4P rankings changing when all boxers are on PEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Do people not know what it means to take pride in their work? Fans who think PEDs would be fine if everyone could have them are idiotic, yes its not fair that some fighters do/have got away with it, but if EVERYONE was on PEDs?? It would disgust me and I would probably not watch the sport as much/ever.
              Are you okay with watching a boxer - who's obviously on PEDs, batter the the **** out of another boxer who's not on PEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by L3TH4L View Post
                Anyway, how do you see the P4P rankings changing when all boxers are on PEDs?
                Unpredictable given that all of them could be on PEDs already. My suspicion is most of them are using these days. Wouldn't be shocked if most of them are into blood doping too.

Comment

Have you ever questioned why elite athletes rarely campaign against PED use?
                  No I haven't because many top athletes campaign against PED use, Usain Bolt is possibly the most prominent of them all, Michael Johnson, Floyd Mayweather for all his arrogance and bluster was onto something some years ago. Many athletes, former and current have campaigned not only against the use of PEDs but have openly spoken about being "clean" in their own field. Being clean is a badge of honour amongst sportsmen. Why? Because they did it on their own, through hard work, dedication, athletic prowess, skill, intellect and will. A lot of that would go out the window if PEDs became the norm.

Comment

Are you okay with watching a boxer - who's obviously on PEDs, batter the the **** out of another boxer who's not on PEDs?
                    Is it really that obvious who is and who isn't doping?

I get that your original question wasn't 'should doping be allowed' but 'how would it change the p4p rankings' but this is essentially unanswerable without knowing for sure who is and isn't PEDing. There isn't an obvious 'eye test', and most PED use isn't about muscle building at all and leaves no obvious signs on the fighter.

The issue of whether PEDing should be allowed and safety monitored is an interesting one from a safety perspective (morally I'd consider it pretty clear cut) but I fall firmly on the side of increased and stricter testing within the sport, whilst simultaneously providing as much harm reduction advice and support as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                      You guys realise, probably 90-80% of these professional fighters use PEDS right?

In EVERY single sport that doesn't have a real dope testing regime, most of it's users use PEDs.

Happened in baseball, happened in the Olympics, happened in Cycling, etc, etc

And now it's happening in boxing. Why do you think all these guys in their mid to late 30s are now stronger and faster than they were in there 20s?

And the incentive to use PEDS is the greater than in any other sport. So if everyone in a sport like cycling is using PEDS? How many do you think are using it in boxing? Almost all.
                      LOL, you seriously projecting your speculation like it's fact?

Comment

Working...
                      X