Why do some call Hispanic a race?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    But is that the same thing as a race?

I understand the culture part of it and 100% agree it is a cultural group but a race?
    It's not a race is more like a label

I personally don't call myself Hispanic or Latino I'm just Puerto Rican

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      "Hispanic" refers to Spanish speaking people in the Americas. Latinos on the other hand people of latin american origin. In most cases they overlap. Brazilians are non hispanic latins for example. Its like the relationship between "Arab" and "muslim"
      hispania was the name the romans gave iberia (spain/portugal) what most "hispanics" speak is castilian. there's plenty of other spanish languages like catalan, basque, etc.

Comment

The Hispanic Causing Panic:

One of the great boxing nicknames.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post

Right.

You see you're smart enough to know the difference but I think some use it interchangeably and get confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            what i don't understand is some consider brazilians hispanic but they got nothing to do with spain.
            People from Spain hate it when they are called Hispanic and/or when some other Spanish speaking country are labeled Spanish

Comment

so.... you're american.

Comment

I f**king hate being called Hispanic. I'm not Hispanic *****es. I do thank Spain for raping my people. Thanks to their Spanish master race blood I came out as a good looking light skinned Mexican instead of those dark ugly extremely ****** looking ones. Thank you based Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  so.... you're american.
                  I was born and raised in PR and my home land will always be number one but I'm proud to be an American citizen

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo_ View Post
                    I f**king hate being called Hispanic. I'm not Hispanic *****es. I do thank Spain for raping my people. Thanks to their Spanish master race blood I came out as a good looking light skinned Mexican instead of those dark ugly extremely ****** looking ones. Thank you based Spain.

Comment

I was born and raised in PR and my home land will always be number one but I'm proud to be an American citizen
                      pr is america.

puerto rican is like saying californian or texan.

Comment

Working...
                      X