Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the winner of Mares vs Morena or Donaire vs Nishioka face Rigondeaux ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Mares/Moreno winner fight Donaire/Nishioka winner?. They're taking tough fights let Rigondeaux fight someone with some credibility.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
      I'd rather the winners fight each other TBH. Let Rigo fight a live body at 126
      If Donaire wins he ain't fighting the Mares/Moreno winner because of the TR/GBP rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
        eleven fights
        juan noriega 3-2
        robert guillen 4-2-3
        giovani andrade 59-11
        lante adry 8-4
        landeros 20-12
        beranza 33-18
        cordova 37-2
        casey 11-0
        ramos 20-0
        kennedy 17-1
        marroqin 22-1
        Now tell me if one of your idols can boast this resume with only 11 fights?
        Nice.

I knew Rigo has a pretty good resume for a guy with only eleven fights, but laying it out like this makes it look even more impressive. "El Chacal's" last five opponents had a combined record of 107-4. Tough to knock that.

Comment

Is Rigo gonna stay with TR? Cuz if so, then it's safe to say that he won't get to fight Mares and Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Is Rigo gonna stay with TR?
            No word yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              No word yet.
              Well, Arum said that Rigo will fight one more time this year. Guess we'll see if that comes to fruition. Rigo had a solid year, and it would be great if he can end it by fighting either Terrazas/Mijares/Montiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                If Donaire wins he ain't fighting the Mares/Moreno winner because of the TR/GBP rivalry.
                If Mares wins, I still have my hopes up it'll happen. Donaire vs Mares is the megafight from the lower weight classes and both fighters have told their promoters they want the fight. There's going to be a lot of money involved because there's definitely going to be a huge bidding war between HBO and Showtime for it.

If Moreno wins, there really won't be enough incentive for Top Rank to go for it though. Donaire could just fight Rigo if that's the case.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-02-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Rigo needs to face someone with a pulse.
                  Someone with a pulse has to grow a pair and agree to fight him first.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Well, Arum said that Rigo will fight one more time this year. Guess we'll see if that comes to fruition. Rigo had a solid year, and it would be great if he can end it by fighting either Terrazas/Mijares/Montiel.
                    I wanna see Rigo succeed; in spectacular fashion, if possible. It looks fairly good that he'll be on the under-card of Bradley's defense. Any one of the guys you just mentioned would be fine with me, but Terrazas would probably be my preference. I don't think any of your choices are slated to fight soon. Maybe one will be selected as an opponent for "El Chacal."

Comment

I hope not, Rigo is boring ass hell. But to be honest I don't think it matters. Rigo gets sparked out by any decent puncher

Comment

Working...
                      X