No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao might be closer than you think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Of course, but at the same time, he let his hands go when needed. JMM fought the perfect fight against Pac. I just dont see Floyd willing to make the attempt to try and land the punches/combos on Pac that JMM did unless he's able to rock Pac and have him on linguini legs. Floyd has turned into a 1 and done fighter. Straight right hand leads and potshots here and there.
    Floyd doesn't need to throw combos Pacquiao has no defense for right hands Floyd could use his reach advantage to create distance and keep Pac at the of his jab and straight right hand Floyd was teeing off on Ortiz with one basic punch the straight right hand he will do the same to Pac

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      Floyd doesn't have to. Manny isn't that hard to hit. and Yes, Floyd would slightly throw more punches than he usually do. At the end of the day, he can potshots Manny for every rounds, and he'd still end up landing just as many punches as JMM landed on Manny while taking lesser punishment in return.
      even if tru that pac is esy to hit ( not really in his last fight), you still have to hit him...with floyd he does'nt hit as much....i think him knowing pac is a power puncher would make floyd think thirce about thowing more and that would be his downfall, with pac beating him in activity...there's is no way you can justify floyd would hit pac more than jmm did...no way..

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Floyd doesn't have to. Manny isn't that hard to hit. and Yes, Floyd would slightly throw more punches than he usually do. At the end of the day, he can potshots Manny for every rounds, and he'd still end up landing just as many punches as JMM landed on Manny while taking lesser punishment in return.
        i dunno why ppl overlook this. floyd doesnt throw combos because he doesnt have to. dont get it twisted. when he needs to step it up he almost always does. hes a fighter. he doesnt like getting hit. when he does get hit he turns into that dragon. ppl just dont wanna believe the truth. floyd is usually only fighting with somewhere around 75 to 80 percent of his skill level. when have u seen floyd in a fight and said, "damn, hes giving it his all." except for the castillo fight, i dont think ive ever said that. pac gave it his all last week.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
          Floyd doesn't need to throw combos Pacquiao has no defense for right hands Floyd could use his reach advantage to create distance and keep Pac at the of his jab and straight right hand Floyd was teeing off on Ortiz with one basic punch the straight right hand he will do the same to Pac
          actually you do..//pasc's high guard is pretty good wther you admit it or not...jmm had succes on him while he was throwing , not when he was defending...floyd is not known for his combos and with his safety fiorst style , i dont think he would...lol at using ortiz as a measuring stick of how floyd would do vs pac...

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            disagree. did marquez kno pac in his first fight with him? he got put on his ass how many times and manny couldnt figure him out??? and then he figured manny out immediately after? u guys problem is u think the **** manny does is overly complex. it isnt. he has rhythm but its very easy to figure out for guys like floyd and jmm. if u think it'll take floyd more than 3 rounds to "know" pac, i really think the world is in for a huge disappointment.
            I can see your point but still pac can also adjust. Im not a pac fan by no means, i just think it will be close. Mayweather doesnt have the greatest defense against southpaws especially awkward southpaws. Pac can also give him angles that no other fighters can give him

Comment

Thanks Cleto Reyes, you gave *******s hope again. Look at them all happy in this thread

Comment

If Floyd felt a fight with Pac would be as easy as his fanboys claim it would be, he would have fought him by now instead of claiming Pac is extrodinary after being an ordinary fighter. Not to mention, have him OSDT'ed to ensure his success is natural instead of being fueled by PED's. Floyd is no fool. He knows Pac will pose problems for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Thanks Cleto Reyes, you gave *******s hope again. Look at them all happy in this thread
                  Well i just call it like i see it. Just becuase floyd beat an overweight JMM . people think it will be a walk in the park for floyd when he fights pacman. Just becuase both JMM and Floyd are both counter punchers they still having completly different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    even if tru that pac is esy to hit ( not really in his last fight), you still have to hit him...with floyd he does'nt hit as much....i think him knowing pac is a power puncher would make floyd think thirce about thowing more and that would be his downfall, with pac beating him in activity...there's is no way you can justify floyd would hit pac more than jmm did...no way..

Floyd has never underestimate his opponents punching power. He knows Manny is a hard puncher, hence the reason why he asked him to be tested. And yes, Floyd would land more on Manny if he throw 436 punches[36 per round] like JMM threw against Manny. I don't need to justify anything, Aside from Mosley and Ortiz, every opponents Floyd that fought has thrown more punches than him. Marquez is not more accurate than Floyd period. Just because you can throw 100+ more total punches than your opponent; it doesn't mean that you'll end up landing more than him.

Comment

Manny averaged 23 power punches thrown per round[274 total] against JMM, and connected 43% of his power punches[9.8 landed per round, and 117 total]. He would have to throw at least 35-40 power punches per round to even have a chance of connecting 35% of his power punches against a better defensive Boxer like Floyd.
                      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 11-21-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X