Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Roy Jones Jr= Neo from the Matrix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Who needs DM, Nunn, Benn, Eubank etc. when you've got the formidable Vinny Paz.

Comment

Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
      In his prime many wanted to be just like Roy, even sound like him. I for one thought Mayweather and Mosley would be able to do some of the things Roy was capable of as they moved up in weight but that was the youth in me then. Too even think that anyone can ever do what Roy could I guess is just wishful thinking. The speed and reflexes Jones had for his weight and height is what I believe makes his so special. I even thought that Andre Ward would be able to but HBO quickly threw him under the bus and even Larry Merchant said he needed to find his own identity b/c he can't do what Roy Jones Jr can. Some experts say Roy should have fought Dariusz Michalczewski and Joe Calzaghe while in his prime but for what, everybody all over the world knew who Roy Jones Jr. was and is but never in the states can you then or can you now show a picture of Calzaghe and Michalczewski and get anybody except the people on this board lol. If they really wanted to fight the legend in his prime they would have campaigned for it the way Ricky Hatton called out Floyd Mayweather the same way Paul Williams called out Margarito instead of blowing smoke. I hope Roy will now retire b/c it was difficult watching him fight last week, he still makes his classic reflex noise that followed blistering combinations in the past but are now are just faints and fumes but no substance or even a punch. Bernard may have got the victory last weekend but the real victory was Roy proving he wasn't going to let Bernard make him look bad and I hope that was enough for him to call it a career in the most unforgiving sport ever.
      not gonna read all that.

RJJ can't be NEO. Neo fought the baddest mofo in the matrix. RJJ didn't fight the baddest mofos in and around his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        not gonna read all that.

RJJ can't be NEO. Neo fought the baddest mofo in the matrix. RJJ didn't fight the baddest mofos in and around his weight class.
        I don't know, pull. The baddest mofo from 160-175 was James Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Yeah, that's usually the case with mandatories.
          lol cmon now,Roy was a beast but he didnt have to fight all those guys.
          He could have taken a few decent voluntaries.
          When you're p4p#1 and on HBO u have a certain pull.
          Last edited by True Guru; 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
            Actually typically you do to keep your belt. Hence the "MANDATORY" part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Yeah. Who needs DM, Nunn, Benn, Eubank etc. when you've got the formidable Vinny Paz.
              Are you still clinging to this list? It's been debunked over and and over.

Go check out the timeline as to when the Benn fight could happen. By the time it even could have happened Benn was already saying things like "Roy would beat me"...

And don't even start with "I hide in Germany" DM. LOL@that guy.

Comment

He could have taken a few decent voluntaries.
                When you're p4p#1 and on HBO u have a certain pull.
                I think the problem HBO had with Roy was that he refused to relinquish his titles. Thus, he fought his mandatories. On the plus side, he pretty much cleaned out the whole division - good contenders and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                  Actually typically you do to keep your belt. Hence the "MANDATORY" part of it.
                  BS.
                  So after beating Toney for the IBF SMW title his next 5 fights at that weight had to be a mando?
                  Dont talk ****

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    I think the problem HBO had with Roy was that he refused to relinquish his titles. Thus, he fought his mandatories. On the plus side, he pretty much cleaned out the whole division - good contenders and bad.
                    How do u think a fight between Roy and Byrd in 03 would have turned out?

Comment

How do u think a fight between Roy and Byrd in 03 would have turned out?
                      I liked Byrd then and still do, although you can never rule out Jones. In fact, come to think of it, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                      X