Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Drained Clarification (for intelligent Cotto fans ONLY)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Drained Clarification (for intelligent Cotto fans ONLY)

**WARNING** THIS THREAD CONTAINS ONLY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. IF YOU CANNOT STICK TO MEANINGFUL POST. PLEASE DON'T POST.**WARNING**

experience
    I was prior military. myself and others worked out TREMENDOUSLY. I KNEW alot of ripped mother****ers. who if trained properly could reach a goal weight easily and see no side effects.

your talking about professional boxers with tremendous amount of resources and money that can easily guide them to the specific weight they need to reach.

recent history facts
    if a man weighs in at 146 his previous fight and as we saw fought with heart through one eye and beat an elite WW.

questions
    cotto fans are you saying even though he is mandated to max out at 145 during weigh-in. 1 pound over the course of 3 1/2 months is not do-able and he will be weight drained and not be at 100%?

if that is the case and he is your idol. i seriously would like to put cotto at the bottom of my list as one of the toughest fighters.

now you take pacquiao where he's fought twice above 135
    his opposition wasn't at it's "best" yet this BEAST COTTO is scared that he will be beaten by this midget?

now for all those that are talking **** about pac. this midget has proven that your idol has to be at 100% to beat this p4p midget and must go up weight classes and not willing to meet him 2lbs under your weight limit.

i truly feel sorry for those that can't comprehend these facts.

pride - ok who cares give it a rest. does that overtake the amount of fame and fortune that will come to you by beating this midget?

if you guys can say pride is everything blahblah. you will never amount to anything due to the fact you have a one trac mind that won't surmount to real world analysis.

now tell me cotto fans what is your excuse for this rebuttle? make it intelligent with some brain process.

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
    **WARNING** THIS THREAD CONTAINS ONLY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. IF YOU CANNOT STICK TO MEANINGFUL POST. PLEASE DON'T POST.**WARNING**

experience
    I was prior military. myself and others worked out TREMENDOUSLY. I KNEW alot of ripped mother****ers. who if trained properly could reach a goal weight easily and see no side effects.

your talking about professional boxers with tremendous amount of resources and money that can easily guide them to the specific weight they need to reach.

recent history facts
    if a man weighs in at 146 his previous fight and as we saw fought with heart through one eye and beat an elite WW.

questions
    cotto fans are you saying even though he is mandated to max out at 145 during weigh-in. 1 pound over the course of 3 1/2 months is not do-able and he will be weight drained and not be at 100%?

if that is the case and he is your idol. i seriously would like to put cotto at the bottom of my list as one of the toughest fighters.

now you take pacquiao where he's fought twice above 135
    his opposition wasn't at it's "best" yet this BEAST COTTO is scared that he will be beaten by this midget?

now for all those that are talking **** about pac. this midget has proven that your idol has to be at 100% to beat this p4p midget and must go up weight classes and not willing to meet him 2lbs under your weight limit.

i truly feel sorry for those that can't comprehend these facts.

pride - ok who cares give it a rest. does that overtake the amount of fame and fortune that will come to you by beating this midget?

if you guys can say pride is everything blahblah. you will never amount to anything due to the fact you have a one trac mind that won't surmount to real world analysis.

now tell me cotto fans what is your excuse for this rebuttle? make it intelligent with some brain process.

if it is only 2 pounds why does Pacquiao's team wants the fight at 145 instead of 147?

He went into the steam room five times -- you can't leave him in there too long -- and each time he'd shadow-box,"
    Trekas said.

Nate Campbell weight 134 1/2 against Juan Diaz
    Then a year later fought Funeka and weight in 137 1/2. He could not make the weight

Comment

The one pound isnt going to affect the fight at all. One more thing tho, its hard to attract intelligent fans when you keep referring to his opponent as a midget, and saying blahblahblah.

Comment

I think Cotto will be OK weighing in at 145, but I'm adamantly against the title being on the line unless the limit for the weight class applies on the day of the weigh in. About that, I think Pacman should shut his ****ing pie hole and accept that you must abide by the rules and limits for the class.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          if it is only 2 pounds why does Pacquiao's team wants the fight at 145 instead of 147?
          Because pac is already going up 5 pounds...why should he go up another to make that 7?

Nate Campbell weight 134 1/2 against Juan Diaz
          Then a year later fought Funeka and weight in 137 1/2. He could not make the weight
          So what...This is 1 person losing 1 pound...(2 even)....and another putting on 5 pounds....

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
            I think Cotto will be OK weighing in at 145, but I'm adamantly against the title being on the line unless the limit for the weight class applies on the day of the weigh in. About that, I think Pacman should shut his ****ing pie hole and accept that you must abide by the rules and limits for the class.
            I agree!! He wont be affected but Pacman cant have the cake and eat it too

Comment

I agree!! He wont be affected but Pacman cant have the cake and eat it too

I think if I had a cake, I'd want to eat it.

If Cotto should lose, it will look dumb him being the champ and all seeing that there's a history of catchweight championship fights (based on money negotiations of course).

Comment

Not being biased towards either Pacquiao or Cotto, I was actually looking forward to a possible intelligent conversation. Then the TS started insulting Cotto and I lost interest.

It should not be too hard to make 145 for Cotto but the big problem I have is that Cotto's belt may be on the line. If Cotto agrees OK but he should not be forced into putting it on the line.

Comment

I am huge cotto fan I have seen every televised fight from his pro career. The two pounds will not make a dIffrence as long as he rehydrated after the weigh in all he would have to do is run a tad bit more. The only problem with the fight is that it was agreed as 145 non title match so if PAC wants the belt now it should be at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Not being biased towards either Pacquiao or Cotto, I was actually looking forward to a possible intelligent conversation. Then the TS started insulting Cotto and I lost interest.

It should not be too hard to make 145 for Cotto but the big problem I have is that Cotto's belt may be on the line. If Cotto agrees OK but he should not be forced into putting it on the line.
                    WBO has the authority to demand to be a title fight. I read that in the regulation booklet
                    but who wants the title more?
                    Cotto could vacate and get another one next year.
                    While Pacman will have to fight Mosley for a title if Cotto vacates

Comment

Working...
                    X