Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still shocked Williams got iced.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams head was moving fairly fast into the punch which amplified the punch, plus he did not see it. Williams needs to change his style he does not hit hard enough or have a good enough chin to fight the way he does.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Part of the problem was that he was leaning in for a big left himself so he threw his head in the direction of the unsighted punch....kayo.

Williams technically is horrible. He has no defensive skills, His defense is his offense. This was bound to happen once he reached this level. He tries to fight like he has one punch KO power, but he does not. Plus arms are to long for the way he fights. He does not control distance very well and his jab is horrible.

He takes most flushed punches on the face, more than any other fighter I have ever seen in boxing period.

This won't be the last time Paul gets clipped. He needs to get a new trainer real quick, a world class trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        I watched their first fight, and Williams took the same left, sometimes even harder ones numerous times for 12 rounds only to get stoppoed with it the first time in the rematch.
        Michael Nunn was no one shot KO artist but he knocked out a very sturdy Sambu Kalumbay with one shot. Normally light hitting Steve Ottke iced Anthony Mundine with one shot. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
          I think Martinez was making them count this time around. Rather than countering and moving.
          I think this was the difference too, Martinez was trying to knock Williams out.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            I watched their first fight, and Williams took the same left, sometimes even harder ones numerous times for 12 rounds only to get stoppoed with it the first time in the rematch.
            the first time?

rewatch the fight, man. martinez kept catching him again and again with the straight left. he also caught him with the KO punch a couple times (that overhand, almost hook looking left a la pacquiao-hatton).

definitely not the first time.

Comment

i completely feel the same

Comment

Working...
              X