No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana vs Petrov: Boxers Go Face To Face at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana vs Petrov: Boxers Go Face To Face at Presser

WBA "regular" junior welterweight world champion, Marcos "El Chino" Maidana, and Russian boxer Petr "Tsar" Petrov went face to face for the first time at their final press conference. They clash this Friday at Villa Ballester in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Photos by Ramon Cairo.

[Click Here To Read More]

So Maidana passed on fighting Erik Morales for the WBC belt on the biggest PPV of the year to fight this guy?

some warrior

Comment

I actually quite like Maidana, but i can't help feel he's going to hold that belt captive. His actions on the way to getting that belt and how he has carried on since being given the paper championship all make me think of a belt hostage taker in the making.

I hope I'm proved wrong and he fights Bradley or Matthysse or someone that poses genuine danger. I've no doubt he will in time, I just hope it's before 18 months & after being forced to step up or get stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        I actually quite like Maidana, but i can't help feel he's going to hold that belt captive. His actions on the way to getting that belt and how he has carried on since being given the paper championship all make me think of a belt hostage taker in the making.

I hope I'm proved wrong and he fights Bradley or Matthysse or someone that poses genuine danger. I've no doubt he will in time, I just hope it's before 18 months & after being forced to step up or get stripped.
        I cant see that man Maidana always looks for the best to fight.He would have fought Guerrero if it had not being for the injury and he is always calling out Khan

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          I cant see that man Maidana always looks for the best to fight.He would have fought Guerrero if it had not being for the injury and he is always calling out Khan
          Maidana faked an injury to get out of the Bradley fight and refused a rematch against Morales. He also wanted not part of a rematch with Ortiz. He only calls out Khan because a rematch would be big cash and he knows Khan's chin is very vulnerable to his style of fighting. I like Maidana, ballsy fighter who's very exciting but he's not a saint and has his faults too.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Maidana faked an injury to get out of the Bradley fight and refused a rematch against Morales. He also wanted not part of a rematch with Ortiz. He only calls out Khan because a rematch would be big cash and he knows Khan's chin is very vulnerable to his style of fighting. I like Maidana, ballsy fighter who's very exciting but he's not a saint and has his faults too.
            Thats nice, and Maidana had the balls to get in the ring against Khan something Bradley doesn't have the balls to do. I hope Floyd and Pacquiao don't give Timothy "The Fraud headbutting loser" Bradley a payday. He isn't worthy of it until he grows balls.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              Thats nice, and Maidana had the balls to get in the ring against Khan something Bradley doesn't have the balls to do. I hope Floyd and Pacquiao don't give Timothy "The Fraud headbutting loser" Bradley a payday. He isn't worthy of it until he grows balls.
              Hey I agree completely, I've being saying F.uck Bradley ever since he pulled that stunt and ducked Khan. I'm with you 100 on that. That's not what I'm getting at though, I'm just pointing out that Maidana isn't always eager to face everybody, he's just like any other boxer out there taking calculating risks that make money.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Hey I agree completely, I've being saying F.uck Bradley ever since he pulled that stunt and ducked Khan. I'm with you 100 on that. That's not what I'm getting at though, I'm just pointing out that Maidana isn't always eager to face everybody, he's just like any other boxer out there taking calculating risks that make money.
                Yeah, I guess I agree. I don't like that they think like that. If I was truly confident I was the best boxer, I would take the risks. All they care about is money, which is ashame seeing how if they invested their money right and didn't waste it on cars and several houses. They could live pretty comfortable as it is.

People say thats how its always been but if that were true we wouldn't have seen fighters like Fraizer duck no one, same with Foreman and Ali. They look like they fought who ever the fans thought was the best at that time.
                Last edited by uoykcuf; 09-21-2011, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Who da **** is this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                    Who da **** is this guy?
                    Someone none of us ever heard of most likely.

Comment

Working...
                    X