Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still say that Victor Ortiz vs the current Manny Pacquiao would be a great fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor Ortiz knocks him out

Comment

pac will ko ortiz...

pac will win this... pac loves this kind of style... with all respect to ortiz... both are explosive.. pac has the better chin and heart, better speed and angles..

Comment

Sparring is different and I know Freddie said Ortiz gave Manny the best sparring.

IN this fight Ortiz Looks good up till that point mann pops em hard and the mental midget will fold up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          People on here forget that after Ortiz beat Berto, to become the #2 WW, that loads of people were saying Pac-Ortiz would be a war and that Floyd wouldn't fight Ortiz because it's too much of a risk......people have short memories.

Anyways, it would be exciting and tons of actions for the first 3-4 rounds, but around the 4th or 5th round, Pac would dominate and be landing at will, he'd probably stop Ortiz around 7 or 8 dropping Ortiz a couple times and the ref stops it.
          I don't remember that at all. Not from a large number of people. Maybe from people who hate Pac, which I guess is a large number.

Pac would kill Ortiz. I don't even think it would even be competitive. Ortiz is exactly the opponent people have ripped Pacquiao for fighting in the past.

Comment

Manny would do a Hatton on Ortiz.

Comment

Dont know if manny has it in him anymore. id buy that ppv with enthusiasm

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I don't remember that at all. Not from a large number of people. Maybe from people who hate Pac, which I guess is a large number.

Pac would kill Ortiz. I don't even think it would even be competitive. Ortiz is exactly the opponent people have ripped Pacquiao for fighting in the past.
                I remember reading on here in April and May 2011 before I joined and many posters on here were saying Floyd wouldn't fight Ortiz because it's way too much of a risk, and by many I mean by enough to notice that a good amount of people felt that way.

And no, Pac was ripped for fighting Margarito coming off a TKO loss, Mosley coming off a beatdown and draw, Marquez at a weight he'd been dominated at, etc. Ortiz after beating Berto would have been a prime fighter and #2 WW, coming off a big win. If he fought him now coming off 2 KO/TKO losses in a row, then it'd be a weak fight.

It would have been a good fight then for him to take. Pac by TKO in 8.

Comment

Good input so far...but I just would have to give it to Vicious Vic by KO.

Comment

Look at it this way..in my opinion

Better Boxer : Victor Ortiz
                    Better punching power : (Compared to the current Pacquaio) Victor Ortiz
                    Weight night of the fight : Victor Ortiz
                    Height : Victor Ortiz
                    Reach : Victor Ortiz
                    Better Footwork : Victor Ortiz
                    Better defense : (slightly) Victor Ortiz

Better Brawler : Manny Pacquiao
                    Better Chin : Manny Pacquiao
                    Better Jab : Manny Pacquiao
                    Faster Hands : Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Pac wouldve iced Ortiz imo..............Ortiz mentally is soft as cotton candy. When Pac turns the heat up on him hed try to pull some kind of bytch move to get out of the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X