Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Chavez, one of my favorite Mayweather fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Chavez, one of my favorite Mayweather fights.

Really good scrap with a lot of action. Chavez made Floyd work and I loved how they fought in close quarters. Chavez landed some nice shots on Mayweather, nothing that I thought really hurt him, but these guys put on a helluva fight. Those right uppercuts and hooks were a thing of beauty from Mayweather. I think it's amazing to see how Floyd's game has progressed as he has aged. Serious LOL at the commentary, listen to some of the stuff that George and Merchant say. Man we used to mute the TV when George did fights, my dad couldn't stand to him.

That San Francisco crowd made it even more awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
      That San Francisco crowd made it even more awesome.
      You're from Cali, right? Were you in attendance?

Comment

Thanks for posting. Of course those who need to see this wont watch.

Comment

Love this fight.

Comment

why was j prince mad?

Comment

Great fight, and a solid win for Floyd. Jessu Chavez was a Top 10 SFW at the time, would go on to win a title, and fight Morales later on.

You can tell by watching this over and over, that Larry has his intentions when thet opic is about Floyd/when he covers a Floyd fight. The guy is garbage, always has been. Remember the post fight interview after Floyd-Manfredy??? He cinclued the interview by saying "You're only fast in the ring", a clear shot at Mayweather that is not funny at all. Just bulls**t.

This fight was a classic example of when Floyd is on the ropes and his opponent throws wild punches, that really don't land have any effect, and people overreact to what they think is happening. Same thing happened in the Oscar fight. Floyd would just pop them at will with counters and quick hooks, he'd be on the ropes, dipping and avoiding most of the punches, even landing some counters off the ropes, but people think his opponent is doing really well just for getting him to the ropes.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 04-26-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Morales beat Chavez easier than Mayweather did.

Who would have thought, Mayweather who used his legs a lot and hit fighters cleanly in the lighter weights all of a sudden can stand with Mosley, Ortiz, Delahoya.

Check the man for steroids.

Larry Merchant talks smack about every boxer, get used to it. He's not picking on only Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                  Morales beat Chavez easier than Mayweather did.

Who would have thought, Mayweather who used his legs a lot and hit fighters cleanly in the lighter weights all of a sudden can stand with Mosley, Ortiz, Delahoya.

Check the man for steroids.

Larry Merchant talks smack about every boxer, get used to it. He's not picking on only Floyd.
                  I agree with you 100%.

Comment

People talk about this fight all the time as a great fight but they also talk about it like Chavez gave him hell and it was really close. I always say that people see Floyd as nearly invincable now and overreact so much if he gets hit with a shot but back then he had just killed Chico so he seemed even more like Superman.

That made people overreact big time in this fight. It wasnt close at all. If you rewatch it now then you come away with a totally different view & scorecard. Chavez is my both and was tough but Floyd put on a masterful performance and it was as skillful & one sided even if he had to work some. Definitely shouldnt have been close scores IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X