No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong and are missing the point. Ask these guys what my prediction was prior to this fight. I predicted Marg would be dominated.

What is impressive is the WAY he did it. I never thought pac would have enough power to hurt Marg, he hurt him and bad. He took his foot off the gas pedal and if he didn't, I have no doubt that the fight would have been stopped in the 11th or 12th.

I wasn't shocked at the outcome, just how it came. Pac is truly an amazing fighter and it seems as though people just take his greatness for granted.

I wish people would stop putting their own personal feelings in front of their brain. I hate Mayweather as a person but as a fighter he's nothing short of great. I just think right now Pac is greater.
    Chaut i think you are missing the point. You are elevating Pac based on him beating a bigger, stronger, heavier, lesser skilled and slower fighter that he was HEAVILY favored to beat. Its not our hate, respectfully, its that you might have been (i'm trying to say this as nice as possible) too gullible, too much of a Marg fan, or too much of a novice boxing fan to realize Marg didn't have much of a chance. No offense but you come off like poster (i forget) who rated Manny as No 10 4p4 ever then moved him up to 5 after he beat Josh Clottey. That just isn't credible.

Again respectfully, look at it from this point. If anyone told you floyd was the greatest because of what he did to Gatti then you would look at them like they were crazy. Although 12k fans in Jersey and the Gatti diehards thought his warrior style and legendary toughness would be enough, any REAL boxing fan knew Gatti was going to get killed because his style and lack of speed were tailor made for floyd to look great. Floyd looked dominant but that was why the fight was made, to make floyd look that way. Same here with Manny.

Again, I don't mean to belittle your knowledge because you are a good poster and clearly have watched this sport a long time. But, IMO, Manny looked better against JMM because he showed all his skills and came through adversity.

I truly respect your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      The greatest fighter I have ever seen and I have been watching boxing since the early 80's. There has never been a greater fighter in my lifetime and I think he even matches up against the all time guys I wasn't old enough to see.

The way he absolutely destroyed Margarito was amazing. He was so much faster but his power was impressive. He moves in and out so fast and his shots carry so much weight. Even Cotto, who hit Marg flush time and time again, didn't have the power Pac had.

I'm Mexican and proud of my Mexican warriors but Pac is the best fighter I have ever witnessed in my lifetime.

Props to Marg for being a tough SOB, fighting with a broken orbital bone and not quitting or going down when most mortal men would have. Marg is an animal.

Filipino's, you haven't had many great boxers but you might have one of the greatest of all time and when it's all said and done, maybe even the greatest fighter to ever lace them up.

Congrats........
      You really thought Margarito had a chance? LOL

I knew that he was not going to be able to catch up to pac. I was not surprised at all.

marg had only a punchers chance, meaning a lucky punchers chance.

haha nevermind. I read the other post! LOL
      Last edited by Aracibo04; 11-16-2010, 11:48 AM. Reason: add

Comment

• "No Fear" gear and "Eye of the Tiger" entrance...listen to the man "thud"...

Comment

• That is what happens when you fight come forward fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Chaut i think you are missing the point. You are elevating Pac based on him beating a bigger, stronger, heavier, lesser skilled and slower fighter that he was HEAVILY favored to beat. Its not our hate, respectfully, its that you might have been (i'm trying to say this as nice as possible) too gullible, too much of a Marg fan, or too much of a novice boxing fan to realize Marg didn't have much of a chance. No offense but you come off like poster (i forget) who rated Manny as No 10 4p4 ever then moved him up to 5 after he beat Josh Clottey. That just isn't credible.

Again respectfully, look at it from this point. If anyone told you floyd was the greatest because of what he did to Gatti then you would look at them like they were crazy. Although 12k fans in Jersey and the Gatti diehards thought his warrior style and legendary toughness would be enough, any REAL boxing fan knew Gatti was going to get killed because his style and lack of speed were tailor made for floyd to look great. Floyd looked dominant but that was why the fight was made, to make floyd look that way. Same here with Manny.

Again, I don't mean to belittle your knowledge because you are a good poster and clearly have watched this sport a long time. But, IMO, Manny looked better against JMM because he showed all his skills and came through adversity.

I truly respect your opinion.
            Mayweather-Baldomir would be a better comparison to Pacquiao-Margarito, but you can clearly see the difference in how they won.

Both were heavily picked to win, both were dominant, but one is heavily praised and the other isn't. Why is that?

PERFORMANCE

Sky Sports commentators said it best when they said something to the effect that Mayweather just does enough while Pacquiao tries to surpass expectations.

That's the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              LOL, it doesn't matter if he missed a lot? Well that was the whole point of my statement that he made Oscar look silly at times. A prime Oscar at thought against a past prime Whitaker.

And, you say Whitaker didn't do anything. But, WTF did Oscar do? Not a damn thing either but missed a lot. And, Oscar face after the fight disagrees with you that Whitaker didn't do anything.

And, so what does it mean that Whitaker was in his early 30's? Age doesn't determine prime. Vargas was in his 20's when he was done, Morales and Barrera were 30 when they were done, Hopkins was 35 and at his best. Age doesn't determine anything really. Oscar was at his best and prime and Whitaker wasn't he was past prime. And, still deserve the nod over Oscar just like he deserved the nod over Roger.

No, Hatton did/does not have more fame than Gatti... WTF are you on? Are you serious? There is a reason why Gatti was reg HBO as much as he was. If by fame is your standards then JMM doesn't belong in there. And, yes Gatti had more fame than Hatton. Don't be ridiculous. Hell Corrales and Castillo just with there first fight have more fame than Hatton does.
              It's funny how you always downplay Oscar's career but when it comes against your favorite fighter of the generation (Pernell Whitaker), you make him out to be one of the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                "No Fear" gear and "Eye of the Tiger" entrance...listen to the man "thud"...

LOLz @ 6:41
                Lampley: BOOM!

now i know where NIKE got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                  Mayweather-Baldomir would be a better comparison to Pacquiao-Margarito, but you can clearly see the difference in how they won.

Both were heavily picked to win, both were dominant, but one is heavily praised and the other isn't. Why is that?

PERFORMANCE

Sky Sports commentators said it best when they said something to the effect that Mayweather just does enough while Pacquiao tries to surpass expectations.

That's the difference.
                  But Manny didn't surpass expectations in my mind. Yes this was a brutal beatdown. Where Chaut and I differ is I expected this to happen. I am not knocking his admiration for Manny. But to elevate him based on this is not genuine. Thats why I made the comparison to floyd gatti.

Your example of floyd baldomir is a good one. No one expected floyd to KO baldo. He won the way everyone expected. Same with this fight.

Manny beat up a heavier, slower, less skilled fighter. Amazing contrast when you look on TV. It looked like Manny was fighting a giant. But if Chaut has been watching boxing for 30 years then he knows speed beats stregth 9 out of 10 times. Thats why I find it curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    But Manny didn't surpass expectations in my mind. Yes this was a brutal beatdown. Where Chaut and I differ is I expected this to happen. I am not knocking his admiration for Manny. But to elevate him based on this is not genuine. Thats why I made the comparison to floyd gatti.

Your example of floyd baldomir is a good one. No one expected floyd to KO baldo. He won the way everyone expected. Same with this fight.

Manny beat up a heavier, slower, less skilled fighter. Amazing contrast when you look on TV. It looked like Manny was fighting a giant. But if Chaut has been watching boxing for 30 years then he knows speed beats stregth 9 out of 10 times. Thats why I find it curious.
                    Excuses, excuses. We know Floyd wouldnt do to Margarito what Pac did. So Pac gets the praise people think he deserves. Which is a lot. Praise worthy of the GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
                      It's funny how you always downplay Oscar's career but when it comes against your favorite fighter of the generation (Pernell Whitaker), you make him out to be one of the best.
                      What's funny about that?

Comment

Working...
                      X