Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELITE FIGHTERS: How many miles do they run a day during training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Normal every day running.

This was early last year. Couldve changed by now.
    that's only about 2 or 2 half hours really

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
      10 miles a day for an elite boxer isnt that impressive tbh a fat english comedian did 52 marathons in 56 days ......
      It's not how many but your pace.

He did well for a fat ****, but boxing is more than just running.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        A 12 round fight is 48 minutes of constantly trying to keep your form when your body is telling you that you can't. Depending on how fast your running, 10 miles would be an hour and a half to 2.

There's a lot of training tools that are intensified for better preparation. There's fighters that spar 15 rounds. Floyd fights without rest in between rounds, there's fighters that fight 4 minutes and rest 30, etc.

Nazim Richardson said it best and I'm gonna paraphrase it: "The human body is not built for boxing, we just have to put it in the best condition possible to perform".

I assume that's physically and mentally. LD running IMO helps out in both. It can't be a coincidence the toughest fighter are the ones running the longest distances.
        it's not that I don't think LD is important I think it's overrated I think stuff like sparring is great for your cardio

Comment

Working...
        X