This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diggers View Post
    I have been boxing for 6 months and Im in need of a pair of shoes right now, so I was thinking in buying wrestling/boxing shoes but I have some questions I hope you guys can help me answer

I train boxing regularly 3 to 4 days per week and the remaining days is more like physical conditioning (burpees, running, squats, etc.) so I will be using them for boxing, this type of exercises and some running (usually 10-15 minutes of running), with this in mind I would be better with wrestling/boxing shoes or should I stick to some trainers?
    Leave the boxing/wrestling shoes for boxing. They aren't good for anything else.

Buy some trainers or running shoes for the other activities.

Personally, I have 3 different shoes for different activities. I have weightlifting shoes for the platform. I have training shoes for all the other stufff. Then running shoes for running.

You don't need to do like me but you will mess yourself up using improper shoes for activities like running. Not enough stability or cushioning and it will mess you up.

Comment

I have been boxing for 6 months and Im in need of a pair of shoes right now, so I was thinking in buying wrestling/boxing shoes but I have some questions I hope you guys can help me answer

I train boxing regularly 3 to 4 days per week and the remaining days is more like physical conditioning (burpees, running, squats, etc.) so I will be using them for boxing, this type of exercises and some running (usually 10-15 minutes of running), with this in mind I would be better with wrestling/boxing shoes or should I stick to some trainers?
      Don't get wrestling or boxing shoes if your training involves running. Go for a regular trainer that offers good support and not too much cushioning. The cushioning kills your boxing movements. Fit is everything though. You can run in shoes that are a little bit big but in boxing you twist and move in so many ways, you need a perfect fit.

Comment

• Glove padding

Hi

I am looking at buying some gloves and have been told that they have the padding in the picture below. Does anyone have any opinions on this padding set up? Your input would be appreciated

[img]https://imageshack.com/i/pmh061Jmj[img]

Tom

Comment

I've bought Nike Hyperko's.

Best shoes I've ever tried.

Besides this ones I think Mizuno is OK.

Comment

• Help choosing gloves.

I'm a complete beginner, and need help choosing some training/bag gloves. I'm 6'6", 190 lbs, lean, have fairly large hands. The circumference of my fingers/hand is 8 inches.

I'll only be using them 1-3 times a week for an hour/hour and a half each session. Speed preferably, because I'm doing it for the cardio. And since I won't be using them a whole bunch, I'm not looking for a super expensive pair. Maybe $40 or under. Not including hand wraps. Mexican for the hand wraps, I think. Colour isn't a priority at all, but black is preferred.

Links to stuff would be the best. My main concern is I'll pick out the wrong kind and that they won't fit. Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonah D. View Post
              I'm a complete beginner, and need help choosing some training/bag gloves. I'm 6'6", 190 lbs, lean, have fairly large hands. The circumference of my fingers/hand is 8 inches.

I'll only be using them 1-3 times a week for an hour/hour and a half each session. Speed preferably, because I'm doing it for the cardio. And since I won't be using them a whole bunch, I'm not looking for a super expensive pair. Maybe $40 or under. Not including hand wraps. Mexican for the hand wraps, I think. Colour isn't a priority at all, but black is preferred.

Links to stuff would be the best. My main concern is I'll pick out the wrong kind and that they won't fit. Thanks guys! Any help is appreciated!
              You'll have to do your own shopping but standard Mex wraps are fine. I'm also very tall and lean and I recommend getting the best gloves you can afford. I had nothing but hand problems until I found gloves that worked well for me. You'll find that most gloves won't let your knuckle sit forward enough (because they're built for average sized hands), so you end up striking with the digits. The gloves don't have to be flashy, just well-padded. Title and Ringside are good places to shop. Their house brands usually give decent protection for the money and they seem to work ok for large hands. Might want to order a few and keep the one that fits best.

Comment

• Just got my new gloves!!

Got My new Gloves from here https://www.zoobgear.com/

So far looks Awesome! I'll let you know how are they in few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
                  I've bought Nike Hyperko's.

Best shoes I've ever tried.

Besides this ones I think Mizuno is OK.

Those are some sexy looking boxing shoes.

Edit: I'm torn between the leto rays and the title Hi-Top from this article about boxing shoes. I heard title gear aint it what it used to be and reyes are the way to go now
                  Last edited by doublejabbing; 08-25-2016, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Not sure if this is the right place for this but whatever.

I'm 22 and i want to get into professional boxing. 5'7, 149 pounds. What type of training should i start off with? Any certain types of diets or foods i should be going for?

Comment

• When you talk about protective gear in boxing, there is nothing more important than a mouth guard.

see more at : http://rdxsports.com/corporate/blog/...-mouth-guards/

Comment

Working...
                      X