No announcement yet.

Let's clear this up now: Boxers should NOT be considered athletes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POOPGOSPLAT View Post
    They don't run, jump, sprint, etc. like in other sports such as basketball, football, rugby, soccer and baseball. I would say they are skilled at their profession but I wouldn't necessarily call them professional 'athletes'. Just wanted to clear that up once and for all.
    Put on some gloves and punch for 3 minutes.

Then revisit this topic.

Comment

If fighting for 12 rounds doesn't make you a athlete i don't know what does... Not to mention the training that goes into it

Comment

Comment

Have you ever boxed? Go visit a boxing gym and express your feelings about fighters not being athletes!

Comment

They don't run, jump, sprint, etc. like in other sports such as basketball, football, rugby, soccer and baseball. I would say they are skilled at their profession but I wouldn't necessarily call them professional 'athletes'. Just wanted to clear that up once and for all.
            You're absolutely out of your mind if you don't think boxers are athletes.

They are some of the best athletes in the world. You've obviously never been to a boxing gym.

Log off sir.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X