No announcement yet.

eBay's new 10% fee is ****ing insane.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay's new 10% fee is ****ing insane.

First of the month, they just billed me.

They take 10% of each item sold.

Fucking outrageous.

Paypal takes 3%

...and eBay helps themselves to some of the shipping money you get.

It's fucking out of hand.

wow thats highway robbery

Comment

Wasn't it always at 10%? Or was it 5%...haven't sold on eBay in a while

Comment

Anyone tried Aliexpress/Alibaba here? I've just ordered something off there, the prices are INSANELY cheap. A lot of the eBay sellers get their goods from there from what I've heard.

eBay used to be amazing for a lot of things and still is but you have to be more selective nowadays i.e. Gumtree/Amazon/Aliexpress

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
          Wasn't it always at 10%? Or was it 5%...haven't sold on eBay in a while
          Nope... I am a new seller... their 10% fee was rolled out 2 months ago. They bill you bimonthly. I don't make a lot of money on there as it is. They took $114 out of my Paypal this morning. I'm done selling on there. You're just a middleman and you're taking 10% off the back end? Fuck that. Gonna just make my own online store. They can go pound sand.
          Last edited by punchr; 05-01-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            Anyone tried Aliexpress/Alibaba here? I've just ordered something off there, the prices are INSANELY cheap. A lot of the eBay sellers get their goods from there from what I've heard.

eBay used to be amazing for a lot of things and still is but you have to be more selective nowadays i.e. Gumtree/Amazon/Aliexpress
            I'm done with eBay so I'll try that for sure. Something that charges less than 5% or a flat fee. 10% is cutting into about 40% of my profits.
            Last edited by punchr; 05-01-2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Damn 10%? The guys at ebay must be making stacks!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
                Damn 10%? The guys at ebay must be making stacks!
                For the short term, yes; they are indeed "making stacks." But they are driving out a lot of long-time sellers with 1000s and 1000s of points in positive feedback.

In the long-term, they are helping their competitor -- Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  For the short term, yes; they are indeed "making stacks." But they are driving out a lot of long-time sellers with 1000s and 1000s of points in positive feedback.

In the long-term, they are helping their competitor -- Amazon.
                  I'm sure the guys at eBay are figuring it out. They have to get that ratio of how many customers they're going to lose to how much percent they can take to maximize profit.

Comment

Next thing you know, ebay is going to start calling themselves "advisors"

Comment

Working...
                    X