Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson scheduled to fight Ilunga Makabu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So? Who has Makabu beaten really? No notable wins that I see, Glen maybe likes being a pro boxer and usually only loses to top 10 guys in close fights.

Comment

Glen is a true warrior. Hopefully he can train some fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        So? Who has Makabu beaten really? No notable wins that I see, Glen maybe likes being a pro boxer and usually only loses to top 10 guys in close fights.
        Nobody really, Tye Fields and Kutcher I think.... dude has power though and Glenn going to CW at that age

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Nobody really, Tye Fields and Kutcher I think.... dude has power though and Glenn going to CW at that age
          Glen knows how to fight if this guy really doesn't have much skill it doesn't matter if he is strong, Glen beats guys who aren't class even if he is getting older.

Comment

Glen knows how to fight if this guy really doesn't have much skill it doesn't matter if he is strong, Glen beats guys who aren't class even if he is getting older.
            His skilllset is actually decent. Been a while since he last fought, but he's patient and if I remember, picks his punches fairly well. If Glen can outwork him and stay out of harms way, he's got a decent chance.

I think Makabu doesn't throw nearly as much as he should....don't remember

Comment

you have got to be sh#tting me. is he going for 20 losses or something?

i have no idea who this opponent is, and i really don't care to look. i probably won't watch this fight. a guy as far gone as jonhson shouldn't even spar. stop fighting, glen. just stop.

Comment

Andy news??? Is this fight really going to happen tomorrow?
                Havent heard anything

Comment

Originally posted by tommyknocker View Post
                  Andy news??? Is this fight really going to happen tomorrow?
                  Havent heard anything
                  Still scheduled on boxrec so who knows.

Comment

He beat Fields and Kutcher who was a highly regarded prospect at the time. Solid, southpaw counterpuncher, very precise with bags of power.

I guess its a great opportunity for one last run but Glen doesn't belong at cruiser. Hes not even a big super middle. I just hope this isn't too much and he makes it out safely.

Comment

Last fight I saw of Johnson was Groves beating him up pretty badly if that's all he has left Makabu will hurt him unfortunetly.

Comment

Working...
                      X