No announcement yet.

Battle of the jabs - Froch vs Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the jabs - Froch vs Groves

So, the big fight coming up on Saturday is likely to be dominated by both fighters strongest weapon (imo) - their jabs.

Froch has a longer reach and throws his jab more often, but Groves' is powerful and snappy and is almost like a straight left hand from a southpaw.

Who wins the battle of the jabs and why?

You can analyze it all you want but Groves hasn't the skills to do a Ward job on him and he isn't as tough as Kessler to win that way either. I expect a similar ending to the Bute fight but Groves might win some early rounds, maybe.

Comment

I don't expect this to be a battle of the jabs, Froch is going to try and swarm Groves to stop his movement.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
        I don't expect this to be a battle of the jabs, Froch is going to try and swarm Groves to stop his movement.
        Exactly, he is going to Bute him HA.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
          I expect exactly this too, it'll be a Bute but maybe more competitive and lasting perhaps a couple rounds longer. Would you rather go into this fight wit Groves's power, chin and experience. Or Froch's power, chin and experience. Levels.

Comment

Really? Groves has better speed, accuracy, movement, defense and he's arguably as powerful as Carl but just in a different way i.e. more explosive than thudding and concussive. His combinations are far more fluid and his footwork is so much better than Froch's plodding, off-balance ballet spins it's ridiculous. Bottom line - it's a far more competitive fight than people think, now stop asking stupid rhetorical questions.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
              You can analyze it all you want but Groves hasn't the skills to do a Ward job on him and he isn't as tough as Kessler to win that way either. I expect a similar ending to the Bute fight but Groves might win some early rounds, maybe.
              To do a ward job - I agree. Ward is on top and nobody else matches him. But Groves is not a bum. He's a well schooled fighter who fight a few different styles.

With all respect, you are underestimating him. This won't be a bute job.

Comment

Originally posted by phatcatboxing View Post
                Really? Groves has better speed, accuracy, movement, defense and he's arguably as powerful as Carl but just in a different way i.e. more explosive than thudding and concussive. His combinations are far more fluid and his footwork is so much better than Froch's plodding, off-balance ballet spins it's ridiculous. Bottom line - it's a far more competitive fight than people think, now stop asking stupid rhetorical questions.
                Thank you! I don't know how people are picking Froch unless they're banking on a rip off. I expect Groves to box and Carl to look stupid trying to catch shadows. And if Carl shows Groves no respect he's getting knocked out. This is the same man that lost every round to Jermain Taylor and got lucky with a KO, this is the same guy that got a rip off win against Dirrell, and the same guy who lost 10/11 if not all the rounds to ward. Froch is average,he's not a warrior he's a boxer. And not a great one. You ****s should be ashamed of yourselves. Constantly insulting HOF's like Miguel Cotto who is a real warrior and then building up fakes like Froch SMH?

Comment

Working...
                X