• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
    Xavi isn’t that creative as Fabs or Iniesta
    are you having a laugh ??

do you watch football ??

Comment

Xavi is a great player, but I'd probably give both Iniesta and Fabregas the nod over him to be honest.

I've been impressed with Iniesta at this world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
        are you having a laugh ??

do you watch football ??
        These people dont notice what Xavi does for Spain. He is the best central midfielder of this century. hands down.

Actually i would say that Xavi is the best player in the world atm.

Comment

Don't know where you've been bro but if you watch La Liga on the regular, Xavi gets all the praise hes deserved.

If Iniesta was 100% fit, Barca might've even beaten Inter.. thats how vital the two are together in the middle of the park.

Fabregas is only better in the sense that he can attack and score goals aswell as provide and control the midfield.

Comment

Cannot believe people are comparing Xavi to Iniesta or Fabregas.

Xavi is on another level to those two. He is the mastermind behind everything that is good from Barca or Spain.

It is probably both the curse and the secret of Xavier Hernández i Creus - just Xavi to the world - that he can make the art of passing and unlocking defences seem so utterly simple.

His curse: because he is the most under-appreciated genius in world sport.

And his secret: because he can still get on with weaving his spells without being burdened by the hysteria that envelops players not fit to lace his boots. He might have invented the term “unsung hero”.

Remember the newspaper headline which greeted a picture of the elite at the Fifa awards gala last year? “The best players of the world (and Xavi)” it trumpeted. Disgraceful. But that is what he has to put up with just because there is no Ronaldo razzle or Messi magic about his quiet work.

His genius is to be able to free their genius. Do you think Argentina would be back in Buenos Aires now if Maradona had had Xavi’s passes being threaded to Messi with laser precision as they are at Barcelona?

So, as Spain prepare for their historic World Cup semi-final here at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban on Wednesday night — “the most important match in our history,” according to captain Iker Casillas – who do you think worries Germany coach Joachim Löw most? David Villa? Fernando Torres?

No. “Xavi’s at the centre of their perfect spine,” muses Löw, recalling how it was one sweet pass from the Barça conductor which put Fernando Torres in the clear and destroyed his Euro 2008 dream.

Yes, Villa and Torres must be stopped, but first, concedes Löw, they have to nullify Spain’s hypnotic build-up at source by getting to the hypnotist himself, “by pressurising Xavi from minute one”.
            That's what Ian Chadband said yesterday.

Comment

Inesta and Xavi are better then Fabregas hense why he doesn't make the team. These guys are creative and read the game so well.. Messi has done jack **** this tournament apart from dribble a couple of balls round players.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                I use to be a big soccer fan but haven't really watched much soccer in the last 2 years or so, but when I do hear about the best soccer players in the world, I never hear Xavi Hernandez among the group. From what I've seen in the world cup thus far, he is the best passer in the world BY FAR.

But I do know that passers have always been underrated compared to goal scorers in soccer, but to me they are just as important. Players like Rooney should not be mentioned before Xavi. I rank Xavi right up there with Ronaldo and Messi as one of the best in the world.
                Today he is recognized more than most midfielders in the world, infact he has probably become more overrated than underrated because! he was underrated, although i personally dont think he is overrated, he pretty much gets his props the last 2/3 years though, no secret really.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                  Inesta and Xavi are better then Fabregas hense why he doesn't make the team. These guys are creative and read the game so well.. Messi has done jack **** this tournament apart from dribble a couple of balls round players.
                  Is he fuk, Fabregas is was more consistent than Iniesta, is a better tackler, scores more goals, better passer of the ball, only thing Iniesta has over him is that he has better legs, he can dribble with the ball, however he is very inconsistent imo.

Comment

I can't believe the amount of people that are underrating Xavi in this thread, it's sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      Today he is recognized more than most midfielders in the world, infact he has probably become more overrated than underrated because! he was underrated, although i personally dont think he is overrated, he pretty much gets his props the last 2/3 years though, no secret really.
                      That's Iniesta.

Iniesta is a brilliant player, but he is one of those players that only fans 'in the know' talk about being the worlds elite. So the fans that only watch the WC or CL finals won't know who or how good he really is. Then you get some of them fans trying to prove they are really hardcore by hyping Iniesta up to the nth degree ... he becomes a overrated 'underrated player'

The same description could be applied to Xavi but in reality (at least the impression i get) it doesn't. He is still vastly underrated imo. I don't know why that is, maybe because his talent is more difficult to appreciate? He doesn't go on mazy runs like Iniesta or Messi and he doesn't score goals like Villa.

Comment

Working...
                      X