No announcement yet.

Mayweather, mosley both go with grant gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
    8 oz. are standard for welterweight title fights....

If requested yes, But standard glove for 147 is 10 oz

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

If requested yes, But standard glove for 147 is 10 oz
      Incorrect, the official weight of the gloves used in title fights according to the rules of the WBC,WBA,IBF, and all major sanctioning bodies is 8 oz. From 147 down, and 10 oz. for 160 and up, 154 is the median. You may use 10 oz gloves in the WW division through agreements and negotiations with both parties, but official weight of gloves is 8 oz... I'll post the rules if needed

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        The information i got was he was going with the new Everlast gloves but because they were newly made he didnt want to take a risk of trying them out in a big fight like this one.
        Mosley should wear the Everlast MX Gloves!
        But seriously i dont think its a big factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
          not surprised, Mosley was training with Grant gloves throughout 24/7 so I assumed he would fight with them... what size are they using? standard 10oz or did they go with 8oz?
          I think a lot of fighters use grant and winning during training, probably for the extra hand protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
            not surprised, Mosley was training with Grant gloves throughout 24/7 so I assumed he would fight with them... what size are they using? standard 10oz or did they go with 8oz?
            10oz gloves wouldn't be as advantageous to the weaker puncher as a lot of people would think. Your hand speed wouldn't be as fast for one.

Comment

Grants aye... they should use the clitorous gloves.

Comment

didnt mosley wear winning and grant through training. mayweather used to wear winning, but i was surprised to see mosley without reyes. grants definetly becoming bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
                  8 oz. are standard for welterweight title fights....
                  This isn't a title fight.......

Comment

Working...
                  X