No announcement yet.

Golovkin's Top 5 Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin's Top 5 Wins

How would rank Golovkin's top 5 wins? I would rank them like this.

1: Martin Murray
    He got robbed against Martinez and he went the distance against Abraham and Groves at 168lbs. He also survived 11 rounds with Golovkin. No doubt about who Golovkin's definitive number 1 win is.

2: David Lemieux
    32 KOs in 35 wins and a victory against Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam. Definetely enough for number 2 and he would have been number 1 if he didn't lose to Alcine and Rubio.

3: Daniel Geale
    At least he had a recent win against Anthony Mundine. He gotta be number 3.

4: Curtis Stevens'
    He is not that bad. He's a tough guy.

5: Matthew Macklin
    He's somewhat above average.

6: Dominic Wade (Just for the sake of number 6)
    If anything, he was officially undefeated.

Who do you consider to be Golovkin's top 5 wins?
    Last edited by TheBoxingXpert; 08-22-2016, 11:09 AM.

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post

He got robbed against Martinez and he went the distance against Abraham and Groves at 168lbs. He also survived 11 rounds with Golovkin. No doubt who Golovkin's definitive number 1 win is.

32 KOs in 35 wins and a victory against Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam. Definetely enough for number 2 and he would have been number 1 if he didn't lose to Alcine and Rubio.

3: Martin Murray

5: Dominic Wade

I certainly wouldn't have wade in the top 5. Geale, Macklin and Monroe all above him for starters. Rosado, Rubio maybe.

Don't have a problem with the top 4

Comment

He got robbed against Martinez and he went the distance against Abraham and Groves at 168lbs. He also survived 11 rounds with Golovkin. No doubt about who Golovkin's definitive number 1 win is.

GGG's pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
        I certainly wouldn't have wade in the top 5. Geale, Macklin and Monroe all above him for starters. Rosado, Rubio maybe.

Don't have a problem with the top 4
        Ahh, how could I forget something as brilliant as his win against Macklin? I will edit it in now.

Comment

Macklin over wade

Comment

Geale >>> Lemieux and Macklin >>>> Wade

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Geale >>> Lemieux and Macklin >>>> Wade
              Based on what?

Comment

Based on what?
                Geale unified the WBA/IBF belts and has wins over Sturm, Sylvester and Mundine. He was the #1 ranked MW contender behind Sergio Martinez for the longest time.

Lemieux has losses to journeyman level opposition and his best win is N'Dam who is a C+ fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Geale unified the WBA/IBF belts and has wins over Sturm, Sylvester and Mundine. He was the #1 ranked MW contender behind Sergio Martinez for the longest time.

Lemieux has losses to journeyman level opposition and his best win is N'Dam who is a C+ fighter.
                  Geale was pretty damned shot, though. He got easily stopped by Cotto, who was an old and much smaller guy who had done nothing for years except losing to Trout and beating an old crippled Martinez...

Comment

Geale was pretty damned shot, though. He got easily stopped by Cotto, who was an old and much smaller guy who had done nothing for years except losing to Trout and beating an old crippled Martinez...
                    He struggled making that 157 catchweight with Cotto. He re-hydrated to over 180 that night if I recall.

I think he was still in decent condition when GGG beat him but the weight issues against Cotto made him look like complete crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X