Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: "UFC haters and idiot websites think Alistair Overeem is 'the new guy'"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Dana White: "UFC haters and idiot websites think Alistair Overeem is 'the new guy'"

Quoteworthy:

"Here we go. Alistair Overeem is gonna be the new guy? Alistsair Overeem got knocked out by Chuck Liddell at 205. You know what’s funny? Because we don’t have him signed he’ll be the new guy. The guy that Chuck knocked out at 205. All the UFC haters will be like, ‘oh yeah, this guy is the best.’ And all the idiot websites will rank him the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world."

UFC President Dana White has a little message for the idiots and UFC haters regarding Alistair Overeem, who according to the White is not "the new guy" because he has a knockout loss to Chuck Liddell in PRIDE nearly seven years ago. The Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion returned to the states to put a first round beatdown on Brett Rogers and renewed interest in his place among the top ten heavyweights, especially after the fall of Fedor Emelianenko. Is "Demolition Man" the "new guy?" Or just the new guy that Dana can't sign? What's your take, Maniacs?
    LMFAO, Dana is an idiot.

What about this Dorian??

Guy that got knocked out by liddell at 205 how many years ago?

Overeem was beating Chuch Liddell in that fight then gassed because he was weigh drained trying to make 205 on a 6'5 frame.

Put them in there now. Let's see what happens...

Dana is just a hater.

Comment

Well...

Why can't Dana sign Overeem?

If he did, dude would wreck havoc in the heavyweight division.

Alistair >>>>>>>>> Lesnar.

Comment

It is what it is..a loss in MMA isn't as big as a loss in boxing. We've seen guys come back after a brutal KO(GSP) and dominate their weight division. Anderson Silva has 4 losses on his record and he's considered a top 2 p4p fighter in the sport.

Brock got manhandled in the 1st round against Carwin and was lucky enough to have Carwin gas out and get the submission on him. Overeem has improved since his loss to Chuck, where Chuck has digressed. I don't think Alistair is the best heavyweight in the world but I do think he has the tools to defeat any of them on any given night.

Comment

Dana is just crying because he doesn't have him signed, just watch, the minute Overeem signs with the UFC Dana will be like "Alistar is the best HW in the world, blah blah blah"....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Dana is just crying because he doesn't have him signed, just watch, the minute Overeem signs with the UFC Dana will be like "Alistar is the best HW in the world, blah blah blah"....
            I agree, however at the same time, I don't think guys like Overeem, or Fedor for that matter (and any fighter from Japan, etc.) really fits into the UFC model. I don't really want to say it, but I think the UFC is basically racist and nationalist in terms of their promotional tactics. That doesn't mean they won't promote guys who are under their umbrella irregardless of such considerations, but I think they are very narrow in their approach. For instance, they'd much rather have Captain America as heavyweight champ than have Fedor come in and beat him (going back a few years). For example, Anderson Silva is a guy who doesn't entirely fit in to the model, but he's head and shoulders above everyone in his division and the UFC doesn't have a choice but to promote him. I'm sure Dana White is praying to god that Chael wins, but Chael is just another hypejob.

The fact is 3 of the top 5 heavyweights are not signed to the UFC. At the same time, the very same 3 are not white Americans, and at the end of the day, White probably doesn't even want them on the roster. Racist pieces of ****.

Comment

When it comes to Japanese fighters, White would prefer to use them as stepping stones. That's why he brings over guys that are past their prime and promotes them to lose. How long as Yushin Okami been languishing on undercards? Long enough that I had to look him up in order to recall his name. Okami is one of the few guys who is actually both good and in his prime from Japan to ever fight in the UFC, and yet he gets absolutely no respect. Sure he lost to Sonnen, and a majority of his fights are decisions, but at the same time, he's just another guy that doesn't fit in to the model and who languishes in obscurity, despite fighting for the UFC and despite being a top MW for the past few years. Dana White and the UFC are racists. I can't see any other logical conclusion (and Okami is simply an example).

Comment

GSP, Anderson Silva, Shogun and Frankie Edgar have all lost to lesser fighters than prime Chuck Liddell. So it can hardly be said that past defeats dictate whether or not you can be the best guy at the weight.

Hell, Randy lost to Liddell at 205 as well and that doesn't stop Dana giving him all the love and opportunities in the world.

I would like to see Overeem in the UFC though. Him against JDS or Carwin would be great fights while they lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  When it comes to Japanese fighters, White would prefer to use them as stepping stones. That's why he brings over guys that are past their prime and promotes them to lose. How long as Yushin Okami been languishing on undercards? Long enough that I had to look him up in order to recall his name. Okami is one of the few guys who is actually both good and in his prime from Japan to ever fight in the UFC, and yet he gets absolutely no respect. Sure he lost to Sonnen, and a majority of his fights are decisions, but at the same time, he's just another guy that doesn't fit in to the model and who languishes in obscurity, despite fighting for the UFC and despite being a top MW for the past few years. Dana White and the UFC are racists. I can't see any other logical conclusion (and Okami is simply an example).
                  Actually Okami was in the main event at UFC 72 and if he won he would have faced the champion but he got controlled in the first 2 rounds and they did promote him quite well and they promoted him as the Shane Carwin type, i hope you know what i mean but i understand this whole racism thing i know 'UNCLE DANA' is a tyrant we all know it.

Comment

That is what I remember seeing.

Comment

Working...
                    X