Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better overall player: Jerry Rice or Emmitt Smith?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    campbell is like jacobs/okoye/john riggins in one guy. If he was around a little longer...
    christian okoye was a monster in tecmo bowl. the guy only really had one year of beastdom (i know that's not a real word) but man he was a great video game character.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
      Yeah I have watched a lot of film on Campbell and I am totally in awe of the way he ran the ball. People think Brandon Jacobs is a bruiser....I mean good lord...Campbell was a monster. I can't imagine trying to tackle the guy in his heyday.

This video is amazing. Some of those quotes are gold.

You take Earl had he stayed healthy id take this guy over all of um!

Comment

Rice and it isn't even close.

I still don't acknowledge Smith breaking Payton's rushing record. Not to say that Jerry didn't play on some good teams either, but Emmett's team was absolutely stacked

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Rice and it isn't even close.

I still don't acknowledge Smith breaking Payton's rushing record. Not to say that Jerry didn't play on some good teams either, but Emmett's team was absolutely stacked
          stacked isn't even the word for it. If you look at the pro bowl for every year Emmitt was playing the starting five offensive linemen were always the Cowboys starting linemen. It was unfair, both Smith and Aikman have to acknowlege those guys made their careers.

Lets not mention Randy Moss in this thread again. he'll never be the asset Rice was to his teams.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
            stacked isn't even the word for it. If you look at the pro bowl for every year Emmitt was playing the starting five offensive linemen were always the Cowboys starting linemen. It was unfair, both Smith and Aikman have to acknowlege those guys made their careers.

Lets not mention Randy Moss in this thread again. he'll never be the asset Rice was to his teams.
            did someone really mention moss?

gringo, okoye was sick but bojax was just stupid. he was 3x faster than everyone else.

Comment

did someone really mention moss?

gringo, okoye was sick but bojax was just stupid. he was 3x faster than everyone else.
              Yeah somebody said something about him on the previous page. The old if Moss plays as long as Rice, blah blah blah. NO ****ING WAY. I had to throw it out there before somebody else tried it.

And damn what happened to Bo jackson he was a freak of nature. I went to a few raider games when he played with Allen. Talk about thunder and lightning running game whoa.

Comment

Well, I'm a 49er's stan, so of course Rice gets the nod from me. Nice to see all the Payton, Sanders, and Jackson love.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
                  Yeah somebody said something about him on the previous page. The old if Moss plays as long as Rice, blah blah blah. NO ****ING WAY. I had to throw it out there before somebody else tried it.

And damn what happened to Bo jackson he was a freak of nature. I went to a few raider games when he played with Allen. Talk about thunder and lightning running game whoa.
                  it's like he was too fast and strong for his body to handle it or something.

Comment

Give Moss 20 years he'll get his SB and have all Rice's records too.... Bo Jax was a monster no doubt, but Emmitt was to, I dont give a **** who play'd in front of him, as a RB emmitt was versatile, deceptive and a great runner! More popular then Rice to,, that whole dancing with the stars thing kinda sums it up!

Comment

it's like he was too fast and strong for his body to handle it or something.
                      I know, the Gods said lets give them a truly great atlete. Again, DAMN that hip injury, damn it all to hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X