No announcement yet.

Povetkin is vastly overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    Top 10? Povetkin is clearly top 3 with one of the best resumes in the division.
    Joshua, Wilder, Fury, Ortiz and Haye all beat Povetkin, theres a few others who give him trouble aswell.

Comment

He may not look spectacular doing it, but IMO there is no question he has the best resume at heavyweight except for Wlad and maybe Fury if (when) he wins the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by duran888 View Post
        Im English.
        Well in that case I'm pretty sure you think Fury put on a masterclass against Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Well in that case I'm pretty sure you think Fury put on a masterclass against Wlad
          What? Why are you telling me what i think will happen just because im from the same country as one of the fighters? You do realise that not everybody on this forum has an agenda and a list of favourite fighters who he will automatically defend no matter what and pick to win every fight etc. I have fury as a slight favourite but come closer to the fight i'll probably be swaying towards Klitshcko as i think he will be the better prepared and hungrier fighter. People are allowed to have opinions about fights without people jumping all over them telling them they just want the other guy to lose etc. Jesus christ man

Comment

Povetkin is an awesome fighter who isn't getting credit here. I'd make him favourite over deontay and I like deontay and hope he can win. But povetkin is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by duran888 View Post
              Joshua, Wilder, Fury, Ortiz and Haye all beat Povetkin, theres a few others who give him trouble aswell.
              yeah because martin, stirverne, jennings, and a body builder from australia are all massive wins

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Nothing overly special with Povetkin he just does everything well.
                Good power, good speed, pretty explosive, puts his combinations together well, counters well.
                Good all round HW.

Now what does Wilder do well? Just has some size, despite horrendous coordination he has half an idea how to use it and a fast, hard right hand.

Can't fight inside.
                His jab is terrible. He has no workrate.
                He is just like an NBA player who has watched a few tapes on Randall Bailey. That is how much the HW division sucks.
                You have described Wilder exactly the way I would. A very tall Randall Bailey.

I expect Povetkin to beat him in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  Wilder will knock him out cold.

Povetkin is a midget, he is slow of foot, has no head movement and is chinny.

He has some OK pop, but he's not a murderous puncher like wilder

Size- wilder
                  Speed- wilder
                  Skill- wilder
                  Power- wilder

Wilder ko5 povetkin
                  I don't think I've run into a post where everything is most likely wrong. I will ask of you, however...cite one example where povetkin is considered chinny?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    yeah because martin, stirverne, jennings, and a body builder from australia are all massive wins
                    I know dude. These posters here can't wait for the next bandwagon to come rolling on by so their fruity booties can hop on board.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
                      HW sucks. People actually think Joshua is good.
                      those abs doe... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X